Hi-Grade VA250D Intermittent Boot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a H-Grade VA250D with an intermittent problem, sometimes I turn it on and all I get is the power light with the wi-fi light on. The screen is blank and the CD Drive clicks a few times as it is no doubt looking for a bootable CD in the drive before moving onto the HD in the boot sequence. Then it hangs with the fans on but no booting.

Sometimes it boots into Windows and then either hangs after a while or re-boots. Last night for example I moved the laptop and managed to boot into Vista and surf the Internet for around 1 hour. It then re-booted as explained above.

When the mains adaptor is connected I no longer see the charging light illuminated.

I have replaced the battery on the motherboard and have tried the following test (as advertised on another forum):-

1. Remove Mains
2. Remove Battery (assuming they mean the one on the motherboard).
3. Hold power button down for 30 secs.
4. Turn On Laptop
5. Replace Mains
6. Replace Battery

I have run MemTest (or MemCheck, can't remember what it is called) and this programme froze during a check.

I am now unsure if it is the CMOS at fault, the BIOS, the Hard Drive or the RAM. I do not have access to a second laptop to test either the RAM or HD so I am forced with taking it to a repair centre or try and see if someone can help here.

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Paul

Pull the main (removable) battery and see if the laptop acts normally. If the laptop runs normal, the replaceable battery is bad and it needs to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back