High CPU Usage problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzer0

Whenever I click and drag something, CPU usage goes to around 35% and if I double click a folder, it spikes to 70% then goes down. When I move my mouse, it goes to 15%, but when idle, it stays normal 0-2%. Also, my mouse happens to freeze alot, then continues to work after a second or so. The light on my mouse would flicker and sometimes go out completely. I have run many adware/virus checks, posted my HJT log, and followed all the steps with no solution. I would appreciate some help on this because it is completely unacceptable for a decent computer (AMD athlon 2.4 ghz) to become this laggy.

Post another HJT.Howard will check it later(if you say pretty please).It could be soon time to reinstall XP.Sometimes spyware gets such grip on your system,that it works out quicker just to blow it all away and start again.

subzer0 said:
Actually I did not. Was i supposed to and does it make a big difference?

very big difference.. some nasties run hidden when you start up your pc normaly, so it has various ways to curcumvent any active scanners and will most of the time cause you trouble when you attempt to remove them when it does pick it up..

although for everyday use its alright to scan them in normal mode..

also you may want to consider chkdisk /f 'ing and defraging your drives as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back