How to Export Old Device Drivers to a New Windows Installation

Great write-up. I've spent more time trying to find older drivers then I care to remember. I'm sure there are plenty of us out there that could say the same thing. This is a keeper.

Thanks

Error: 87

The export-driver option is unknown.
For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I'm still using an HP Deskjet 5550 bought (could be a year or two off) circa 1999. Transitioning from the HP driver to a Windows driver was painful, but W 10 seems to handle it well, I consider myself lucky given how old the printer is.

Did u hold down shift, click start, click reboot and hold shift still, click troubleshoot when it appears, advanced options, startup settings, click reboot and disable driver signature enforcement then try installing the driver? this is how I have to install my old monitor on windows 10 because it will cry like school girl if I don't.

Makes backing up previous working installations a good idea given the how cheap storage is these days. Great post and idea and one I've just never thought of.

Is there a way to remove ALL drivers in Windows 7 boot.wim. install.wim and winre.wim and add/replace in these .wim files set of drivers from corresponding Windows 10 .wim files?

And one more question.
Is there a way to install Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 GUI/shell to Windows 10 ISO or installed OS already?

Just stumbled across this.
Going to give it a try, when I have some time to spare. I have an old Mustek A3 scanner that I love. Original driver was for Vista. Worked great still with Win7, but its a no-go on Win10 or Ubuntu. I appreciate the pointers. Thanks.

Really helpful if you have two systems, one already good to go, and the second missing every driver...

Back