How to find drivers after format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaco15

Hi there!

I was wondering if any of you know is there any software which can automatically search through your devices and find the drivers which you need?
I lost my recovery disk and formated using a windows disk and now I cant find the right drivers for the graphics card, monitor e.t.c.

And if there isn't such software is there another way to find which driver I need? I mean if I open the case would it be written somewhere on the graphics card for example and the I could possibly search on the net for that specific driver? No? Anything anyone knows would be helpful. Thx

You need to identify the make and model of your computer OR, if you built it, the make and model of at least the motherboard.

Download and transfer to your comp Everest Free -

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181 .

Once you get it on your comp (I suggest you make a new folder called Everest under C:\[your user name]\, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

You have to know the make and model of ALL hardware.
It can't be working very well,without all drivers installed.
All you need should come with the purchase.Did you get any manuals and discs ?
If not,
This sounds like a Dell or others with no way to reinstall.
They want your repair business.

Ok guys thanks for the info.

Its a HP and I found about the hardware searching on the net. I was wondering however is there any software that does it automatically. I found this "driver wizard" in google but not shure how effective it is. Do any of you know anything like that?

windows update usually finds most drivers, but you still will need to know the hardware components because it doesn't always find everything. try some of the websites suggested.

Open up your computer case and look for a product number or a name on your hardwares (including motherboard).

Go to google and enter that serial number, chances are, you'll find it.

My motherboard had LVMM2 or something, that's how I was able to find my integrated sound drivers. No sound til I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back