How To?? RT2500 WLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey lads hows going thats my first post here in the forum and hope i'll get some help, am sure i will :)

anyway my problem is i have a laptop its made by TARGA its german made, anyway i own this laptop for more than a year, but last week just had my broadband wireless, and this laptop had a built in wireless network (802.11g MiniPCI Wireless Network Adapter Ralink Chipset RT2500), i have a wireless network at home, my laptop wont pick any thing for the wireless not even in college or friends house that have wireless network, but if i used my dad laptop which its same made works fine no bother.

i have tried everything but nothing help me, but i think maybe i should turn on my wireless network, its some configuration that i must do but i dont know where and how?? so if anyone knows anything about this plz let me know

thnx a lot

Do you have the drivers installed for your wireless adapter? Some laptops have a switch that you have to use to activate the radio. You may also need to use some special wireless software instead of the Windows builtin.

i do ya, i have installed my drivers alrite, will u tell me what prog. will i use to switch on my radio plz?

thnx in advanced

ya i do have the prog. that came with the wireless but when i open it, it says (Windows is currently managing this adapter) and all the options are highlighted to grey that i cant do anything with them... :confused:

any suggestion??

mossy said:
ya i do have the prog. that came with the wireless but when i open it, it says (Windows is currently managing this adapter) and all the options are highlighted to grey that i cant do anything with them... :confused:

any suggestion??

you'll have to disable the wireless networking service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back