HP Deskjet 1120C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you made sure your printer is added to your printers list? Lol I dunno if printer's need drivers....but maybe if it came with software It could need updating. That's a point, is the printer newer than XP? Maybe XP is unfamiliar with such a printer....:( Therefore get.....hmmmmm....welll i havn't got a clue......make sure it's plugged in....errrr..............is it turned on?...errr....lol............is it loaded with paper? hehe. Well the main thing is to make sure you have added the printer and that XP knows what model it is and that when you print it does say it is printing. Otherwise your printer is bust.

PS: What printer have you got?

lol, no the prob isn´t that, I have an HP deskjet 1120C A3 size, it isn't new, infact maybe it had 4 or 5 years...

The prob is when I'm printing whatever document or photo, she simply stops at middle.... :s I try to download the drivers from HP, but continue the same...

Is this a parallel port printer? If so, check the bios to make sure it's set at ECP or EPP and not SPP.

I check that out... and it's ok... But somebody told me that's a problem with ths Win XP Pro... the system doesn't recognized this printer's drivers!!! :|
???? Is that possible??? I remember to print it sometimes here on XP... :s

Could have a bad communications board on it. I had the same problem with a 620C that I'm getting ready to send to the dump.

I wish i find those... Once i downloaded those drivers for win2000 but the file was corrupt... :s

Check your spooler-settings, maybe all RAM is eaten up before it starts printing!

Look what I found in someone else's post:
HP says to use the 550C driver. It works pretty good. However the print size is limited
The 1120C is hooked up and is shared on a Win 98 server, I can print over the network with XP pro.
I had to install the Win 98 550C driver on the server.
I kept the original drivers as default on server.
XP drivers.
I did try the 1220 with the network . . . “No Luck”
It might work as a local. the 1220 drivers did work as a local printer from the server

Also, Microsoft claims that native drivers for the HP 1120C are included in XP. Did you ever think of trying those?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q293378

announcing success!

I downloaded the Win 2000 drivers from this site:
http://www.nodevice.com/down/29442.html
It had four folders. I opened the first and clicked 'setup.exe' and it installed.
The program seems to be searching for a missing file, but works anyway.

Problem was, there is nowhere in the preferences that lets you do cleaning, aligning, etc.
I solved this problem by setting up the driver for this printer that comes with XP, and giving the two drivers separate names. The XP driver does maintenance. The 2000 has all the cool features.

I haven't entirely tested this setup yet, but I'll report back if I make any new discoveries.

I had this problem with a 1120c. I cured it ( i hope) by cleaning the printer.
With a soft damp cloth clean the chrome plated bar that the print heads slide on. You'll be surprised how much ink is on there.
Also clean the clear ribbon that runs parallel to the bar by pinching it (without actually pinching it) and sliding along with a damp cloth.
Clean inside the cartridge holders and the contacts on the cartridges.

I also find the printer works better with the 2000 drivers downloaded from HP rather than the ones installed by XP.

Beware bad old usb hard drive flooding on ebay

Isn't this just a bit off-topic?

FYI, I'm still interested in finding drivers for this that really work with XP, if anyone knows of any.

Otherwise, my plan is to ditch XP and hope I can get it to work with LINUX.
I'd buy a copy of Win2000, except that the price is ridiculous for a OS that isn't even supported anymore.

Isn't this just a bit off-topic?
I agree, I'll remove the post in a moment

But if you're after HP drivers then look here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100655.html
If the automatic scan option doesn't help, just "chat" with HP as well, that's probably the best answer :grinthumb

By the way, this thread is very old. And I believe should be used only for reference. You can learn how to make a new thread here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114336.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back