HP laptop will not boot Windows

Hey,
I recently bought an hp Oman laptop but it won't load windows. The screen goes black and the caps lock light keels blinking.

I thought I would try reinstalling the windows, but when I tried doing that it showed that I had around 109 gb of unallocated sapce. Can someone tell me how do partation thet drive properly it has a 1tb hard drive and 128 gb ssd

Also if its not the windows, any idea what it could be. This laptop is brand new and I would send it in for warranty check up but I am not in the country and I won't be anytime soon

Hi Thanks for joining the thread. The on-off three times is covered in my reply along with all the ways to recover W10.;)
Team work is good! I like your link about HP.(y) It's always good to have the media installation USB in your desk. It will allow you to boot into windows and perform a repair or a new install. You can get it here.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Last edited:
Hey, I just checked the laptop again and the caps lock light flashes 3 times followed by two quick flashes
Did you get into the advanced startup mode with the on-off three times method?
  1. Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

2. Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

Back