Huge XP Problem Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLUSIONZ_786

Im currently having some major problems with my XP it starts up and after about 15mins it freezes mostly my bottom task bar(one with start button) will freeze up but the tasks which i have running will continue to work but after a while they will all freeze 1by by and anything i click on my destop wont open or i will get an error which says i have insuficcent memory to open this item, i noticed this problem started about the time a program called PC Power Scan appeared on my pc by itself i have uninstalled this program i still have this problem also my mouse cusour always has the time glass next to it this started the day off the problem i cant CTRL +ALT + DEL 2see what processes are running anymore i have tired to restore my pc but it says the restore failed, can i re install xp with out loosing all my work i.e put in the cd and reinstall only system files and not loose drivers and other files such as work documents? i have ran alot of web based registry fixers they all come up with errors is there 1 out there that is for free? thanx 4any replies

The trend mirco website isnt working 4me doesnt scan just says ide i waited 1hour still nothing any othersite i can use? thank you

Ewido txt file

I just ran Ewido and im still having problems I've attached the report as a text file. can anyone please help me? I really cant afford to format my C: as I have alot of work which I need. Thanx in advance

Attachments

• Scan report_20051212.txt.txt
    15.8 KB · Views: 5
use SpyBot Search and Destroy

Use Spybot Search and destroy it is freeware for detecting malware,spyware
etc
download it from www.download.com
scan your hardisk by Spybot i am sure ur problem will get solved
u may not find Spybot Search and Destroy tht much user Friendly but it is freeware

You are asking for trouble when you use that piece of crap holey software called Internet Explorer!
Go to www.getfirefox.com and install and USE Firefox from now on!

Then run Ewido again, as per Read: How to remove Trojans and its ilk!

followed by:
Follow these instructions EXACTLY.
Put HijackThis in e.g. C:\Program Files\HJT and NOT in Temp or on the Desktop!.
Read: How to remove Begin2Search/Coolwebsearch and Other Nasties

Then Read: How to post your Hijackthis log-files as an attachment, but do that in the Security Forum!.

i have tired all the malware/adware removers people have suggested only 1 has been free ewido that on the 1st scan found over 600 items which it took off but i was still having problems so i re scanned and it has now found 186 more? i think i have some kind of virus that keeps re installing itself everytime i reboot my pc, is there anyway to get rid off this?

Also just uploaded my log file into HJT can some tell me how to get rid of the following

1) C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE

2) O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdates] C:\Program Files\winupdates\winupdates.exe /auto

3) O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IST Service] C:\Program Files\ISTsvc\istsvc.exe

4) O4 - Global Startup: winlogin.exe

5) O21 - SSODL: Web Event Logger - {79FEACFF-FFCE-815E-A900-316290B5B738} - blank (file missing)

thank you

also just found these

C:\WINDOWS\etb\pokapoka79.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Mwlig] C:\Program Files\Guyvmjj\Wuhk.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [checkrun] C:\windows\system32\elitegsb32.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System service79] C:\WINDOWS\etb\pokapoka79.exe

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: y9itxyizknvdb62.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll. dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll. dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll.dll

try running hijackthis from safe mode with command prompt to remove them properly, CTRL ALT DEL run task etc to run hijakthis, then remove them

go back to CMD and del the files from the program files folders

also clear out your windows prefetch and dll cache whilst your at it,
run cleanmgr task to start disk cleaning manager without starting explorer aswell

how would i remove them after i have found them? just go 2the folder they are saved in and del them? i have tired that before with some other files but they always seem to re appear

report what you found. Then we can try to help you. Different viruses have different solutions.

the problems i have found i have listed on my pc i have posted on relpies on this thread number 9/10 but i dont no how 2remove them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back