I am having trouble with topic notification into email does not work

Can you elaborate further? You are not getting email notifications for discussion threads you are subscribed to?

Does it happen on any thread or can you identify a pattern? (e.g. not getting notifications in news comment discussions)

yes I am not getting email notifications for discussion threads I am subscribed to

yes I am not getting email notifications for discussion threads I am subscribed to

Anyone else having this issue? I guess Rukasuzu didn't receive the email notification for my previous reply :(

I have been getting my notices.
Perhaps the OP has an email/ISP who is filtering too aggressively for spam?

Rukasuzu, are you not being notified about a few threads in specific, or are you missing notifications for all threads?

I am having this issue for a while, and have almost given up on it, most recent example is the forum thread about internet crossing 2 Bil. users ...... and several comments later I received no alert whatsoever. Basically I try to get around this by trying to remember where I may have commented, which isn't a good way at all.

@ Archean
I believe that notifications are sent after you subscribe, AND after the next post to that thread, but NOT again until after you actually revisit the thread.

In other words... you post, or subscribe without posting, and two or more people post after that, you will only get one notice until you actually return to visit the thread.

That was my understanding and it seems to have been consistent with my experience of forum notices.

I do visit to thread's I've subscribed whenever I receive notifications; yet I keep facing this issue. By the way thread I was referring above, I've subscribed / commented on it (I always use the default 'Instant Email Notification' setting). This issue occurs randomly, so I haven't been able to establish a pattern which may be helpful in tracking down the cause. Thanks

sorry if I repeated the topic cause I lost the other one, If I ever posted one

sorry if I repeated the topic cause I lost the other one, If I ever posted one

In other words... you post, or subscribe without posting, and two or more people post after that, you will only get one notice until you actually return to visit the thread.
my understanding too :)

One explanation... the notifications should be working fine in all the forums EXCEPT:

TechSpot News and Comments & Articles and Reviews Comments

The reason is that those two have been integrated with the main site and any comments posted outside of vBulletin won't trigger the notification mechanism.

It's been like that since we launched the main site-forum integration, but I'm happy to share that we are working on a fix just now that could be launched very soon. In the meantime, I'd like to know if the notifications are working correctly in the rest of the forum.

Ok, thanks for the clarification Julio. I will check this out, and let you know about the observations whether this is only happening in news/articles etc.

Back