Inactive I have a CYCBOT.B on my desktop and it no has no internet... HOw to get rid of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning. Let's consider this first. You were here for help in May. The thread was closed once for inactivity. You requested it be reopened and it was. But you did jot finish with the instructions and the thread was closed again for inactivity.

Before we start this, do you plan to continue the cleaning until I say the system is clean?

If so> please follow the steps in the Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal thread HERE.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
=====================================

Edit: Please remove any of the programs you ran in May and use the links in the thread for current versions.

well my computer will not recognize a jump drive to copy the log over ... i cannot transfer it i cannot transfer any downloaded files.. any suggestions?

You can download the programs to a flash drive and then connect to the problem computer and run.

Note: Backdoor:Win32/Cycbot.B is a backdoor trojan that allows attackers unauthorized access and control of an affected computer. After a computer is infected, the trojan connects to a specific remote server to receive commands from attackers. The commands may include instructing the trojan to update itself, visit web links, or download and execute arbitrary files.

Don't wait too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back