I have some sort of Virus that is posing as Antivirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.
I am not good with computer lingo, and I have no Idea how to fix whats wrong with my computer. I was trying to download what I thought was an ActiveX Video player for what I thought was a story on the recent suicides in Japan.

Morbidness aside, my computer got hit hard. I ran AdAware, and it got some of what was messing my computer up, but Internet Explorer is completely useless. Im on Mozilla right now. And I keep getting these popups that tell me "Spyware Alert", and IE gets completely hijacked to all these 'Anti-spyware' sites.

Can someone give me instructions or a link to a better antivirus scanner?

And yes, I used TrendMicro.housecall. Completely ineffective.

Hi Arkhangelsk,

Welcome to Techspot!

My name is Blind Dragon and I will be helping you with your Malware problem. During the course of our interactions please be sure to follow all instructions carefully, and ask questions if you are unsure of how to proceed at any point.

Please have a read here-> Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting

If you decide to clean your system please follow these Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and post back in this thread with the requested logs. There should be at least 3.

1)MBAM or SAS log
2)Combofix log
3)Hijackthis log (Step 15)

This thread is for the use of Arkhangelsk only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

AH now this is a VERY widespread virus. I have had this once and it can be a pain, but can be removed. There are variations of it but i had it recently and i removed it just fine, with no help from anyone. have a lookthrough your C drive and your documents and look for files that werent there before the virus. Report back with the names of the folders, if there is any. If there is a folder called Netproject, boot into safe mode and delete it. Or you can try smitfraudfix which is one of the tools in the preliminary removal instruction up in blind dragons post. This can also completely remove a variation of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back