I need help on a old computer-98

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_need_answers

hi, I have an old windows 98 that i moved to another room anyway the boot process doesn't work it wants me to put in a boot disk and i dont have one. anyway I think when I moved the computer i might have damaged the hard drive. it was old anyway only 4gb. but do you think that if I got a new hard drive and o/s i would work again thanks for you guys time.

What exactly is the problem ? Does the autoexec.bat get launched at all ? & please detail its system specs in your profile, it might help further down the road.

ok thanks

I dont know what the autobat.exe is but once I turn on the computer it says emachines then goes to a black and white page listing all the drivers and devices eg. pci devices main processor and so on.
as for the system specs it is a windows 98se and it has a celeron 366 mhz processer,162mb memory, ethernet, cd-rw. nothing fancy just something I play around on and also is it possible to use system restore cd's that came with my xp on it if I were to install a new harddrive on my 98se. to make my 98se an xp. thanks for responding and thanks for your time. btw the error is its searching for the boot record. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back