i need to keep pressing the shift

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there i am new for this forum i need some help on a problem on my pc so thx for any one that can help me
i think that i have a virus on my pc coz my controls are stop responding in some applications and games unless i keep pressing the shift buttom so the keyboard works fine but when i release the shift key most keys seems not to be working
i am using windows xp service pack 2

yep i changed keyboards

yep u tried to change the keyboard but the same thing hapens and i have faced the problem on several computers on the same network i am some how sure that this is a virus but i scaned my pc using AVAST and symantic which were dailyupdated but nothing was shown so i am wondering how to get red of it ....:(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Since you think your system has a virus, please do the following.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of saliba only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I`m sorry to tell you this, but your system is infected with a keylogger, maybe this is what is causing your keyboard problem.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

sqlserv.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sqlserv] "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\sqlserv.exe"

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{9ED4FF6B-E081-4EB7-9BC6-B5EA2CB927C3}: NameServer = 195.112.195.34 195.112.195.35<Only fix this entry if it doesn`t belong to your ISP.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\sqlserv.exe

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of saliba only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thx haward :wave:

thanks a lot haward i went throughthe steps as u instructed and after rebooting my system i went into my programs and every thing was just working fine thx a lot for ur help and here's a new fresh log file for my current status
one last question what antivirus u recommend for using on my windows xp sp2media center edition??

Your HJT log is now clean. However, unless you post the rest of the requested logfiles, I can`t say whether your system is clean or not.

See below for some recommended programmes, including free antivirus and firewall programmes.

AVG free or Avast antivirus programmes.

Zonealarm Kerio or Comodo free firewall programmes.

Spybot Search & Destroy.

Ad-Aware se personal.

Spyware Blaster.

AVG Antispyware.

Ccleaner.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back