I SAW Episode 2 Attack Of The Clones

TS | Crazyace

Wow, It is going to blow your mind. Yoda was amazing. I dont wanna give up any of the plot, but man... It is definatly action packed! It just might be the best since Empire Strikes Back! It is going to rival Spiderman for sure, which I thought would have been impossible since Spiderman was unbelieveable.

No, I posted the script link ;)
Dunno, I'm starting to feel like I'll still come back thursday night (hopefully) & start whinging about it. It's a shame Lucas just can't seem to direct "people". I honestly don't know why he directs films, he can't seem to get anyone to give a good performance.

All I can say is, Lord Of The Rings DVD in August, ahhh :)

I read the script but dont remember it.

I definatly didn;t remember reading what I saw in the movie. It will blow your mind.
The movie rocks man, real hard.

Ah. I knew it was one of those TS | people (that don't post alot). Oh well! :p

I don't think I'll see it within the next few months. Maybe I'll rent it sometime...

Lucas killed my faith with Episode 1.

Originally posted by Vehementi
Lucas killed my faith with Episode 1.
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Dunno, can't say I was really a huge fan of the earlier ones (remember seeing them as a child on tv at christmas & the re-releases in the cinema) but seeing Episode 1 was horrid, the lines, the acting, arrgh. I coulda just turned up for the last 20 minutes or whatever it were & be ok about it.
There's also this kinda nonsense from Lucas in interviews saying that he knew it wouldn't be liked because a 9 year old was the hero or whatever. Nonsense, not many liked it because it was a crap film, it had nothing to do with vader only being a kid. The only thing I liked about Episode 1 was Jar Jar who I don't see why there was this - oh, racist character stereotype uproar.

Dunno why Lucas directs them still though. I mean, ask most what their favorite is - Empire strikes back. Who directed it - not lucas, who wrote the script - not lucas, & so on.

I'm just glad there's the Matrix & LOTR out there.

im going to go see it on thursday, i will tell you what i think. Im expecting it to be good, but i think i will be disappointed. It seems he is reaching farther and farther for ideas for each episode. But i am not a huge fan, i enjoy movies for what they are, and if its good its good. Anyways ill let you know my opinion

the E! special was a let down, same "trailers" seen before, but the behind the scenes action & interviews were good. I think the movie will be great. Episode 1 was basically a set up for this movie.

Saw it earlier on today, better than I'd expected, some stuff "missing" from the script though. The love thing was pretty wierd though, dunno what she saw in him, he acted a bit of a wierdo around her, surely the "I killed them all like animals" woulda put her off. Then she only says she loves him when they are about to be killed, hmmmm.

The yoda/dooku fight (& anakin+obi/dooku) fights were way too short though. In the script there's actually a bit more to the yoda fight (yoda is about to kill him as it happens, but dooku then knocks the pillar over, as per film). Seems like there was a lot of talk about that scene but came off way too short as a result I guess (Compared to the fights with sabers in all the other films).

Lucas seriously better get someone else to do the script the next time though, even direct too possibly, the acting was pretty uneven from most of the actors & they had some pretty nasty lines to go through.

I was surprised at how politicial it got though.

Saw the film Thursday, loved it!

I think this one answers a lot of the questions that were raised in the original trilogy: Boba Fetts origin, the Clone Wars, How senator Palpatine undermines the Old Republic, Yodas "greatness", Obi-Wans deeds as an "active" Jedi Knight, so the content of the film is really important as scene-setting for the later events.

Cant say I noticed the actors struggling, or bad direction- maybe I'm just too naive to notice !

Even liked Jar Jar Binks (small but important) part in this one- being maneuvered like that by Palpatine was class! But if he'd been in the explosion at the start it would have been even better!:D

I saw it finally, i think it is good, a little too much dialogue but Senator Amidala(sp) is very hot... I would go again just to see her. but its an over all good, star wars movie. And the movie is set up to make the last one REALLY good.

Originally posted by Phantasm66
The best bit was undoubtedly the Yoda and Dooku fight.

Or the massacre of the Tuskan Raiders - that bit was a bit much as well....
Dunno, I thought the Yoda/Dooku fight was abit over-hyped for me, it was just far too short actual lightsaber fight. Yoda leaping around & all was pretty fun, though made rather by the fact he always goes around with a cane. Why on earth does he need a cane to help him walk. I prefered the fight in the script a bit more.
Though the struggling with the pillar was also rather strange - as some pointed out yoda says something to the effect of size doesn't matter in Empire Strikes Back, "whoops".

I actually felt the "massacre" didn't go far enough though. I mean, when you think about it, he "only" is seen killing the guys guarding his mother & some other guy that charges at him - fine enough - I mean they tortured/beat his mother for weeks seemingly, I don't think the reaction we "see" is too unexpected. He should have been shown wiping out everyone though, I think I can understand him killing the first 3 there, but had we seen him actually killing the kids & all then we'd *really* know he's going too far. Yes I know he says he does them all like animals, but I just think seeing it would be far more effective.

Re: Attack of the Clones

Originally posted by Goofy Newfie
I'm going to see it tonight....hope it's good.
I actually saw it for the 2nd time a few days back. Enjoyed it a good bit more surprisingly. Probably enough to buy it on DVD after the fans do another petition because lucas won't initially want to release it on DVD ;)

I saw it again and I think it was better the first time.

To be honest, I really liked Episode 1 better.

I thought it had more story and better saber fight (maul).

It seemed like the first time I saw it there was more action, the second time seemed like more words.
All in all, its still a great movie.

Originally posted by TS | Crazyace
I saw it again and I think it was better the first time.

To be honest, I really liked Episode 1 better.

I thought it had more story and better saber fight (maul).
Yeah one of my friends kinda feels the same, or at least he goes Episode one has the Darth Maul fight, heh. Dunno I couldn't find anything at all to like in that film. Jar Jar was honestly about the only enjoyable thing in it.
The main problem I had with episode 2 was the whole "love" story. urrgh.

I just watched EPISODE 2 AGAIN ! hahahah.. Had to try it out on SVCD...

I cannot wait until Episode 3. Damn, does it end so incomplete.

Love sequence wasnt to long, luckly. I cant believe JAR JAR screwed the entire Repulic by givein power to the damn Sith! That is crazy..

Ok. now you mention it, the saber fights weren't up to the usual standard, and there should have been more verbal duelling thrown in between Dooku and Yoda.

And we definately should have seen more of the Tuskan Raider massacre.

Maybe if it makes it to dvd...

I also saw it 2ce, and thought it just as good 2nd time. Anyone notice the red-robed imperial gaurds at the senate? Wasn't expecting to see them before Palpatine became Emperor...

I didnt notice them myself, but there's supposed to be an X-Wing and TiE Fighter in the speeder chase on Coruscant!:eek:

Originally posted by Spyke

I didnt notice them myself, but there's supposed to be an X-Wing and TiE Fighter in the speeder chase on Coruscant!:eek:

I think you r like 50-100 years too early. We are still in tah Clone Wars, not the Galactic War from Ep. 4-6.

WARNING, SPOILERS!!!!

The Clone Wars are now over two years old. The entire galaxy has been thrown into chaos. On one side of the conflict are hundreds of separatist star systems, led by the charismatic Count Dooku, who are rebelling against the Republic led by the scheming-in-secret Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious.

Palpatine manages to place blame on the Galactic Senate and the Jedi Knights for much of what is going on during the wars. Palpatine makes them the scape goats for all of the galaxies many problems. The people grow tired of the Galactic Senate and the Jedi Knights. They are ready for drastic change and Palpatine realizes this.

At the beginning of the movie, Anakin and Obi-Wan fight in various Clone War battles. Obi-Wan is now a general fighting for Bail Organa of Alderaan.

Palpatine senses Anakin's impatience with the Jedi Knights. The Jedi seek to keep Anakin from Padme. Also, Anakin hates being both poor and relatively powerless. A Jedi takes a vow of poverty. Anakin believes that he is perhaps the greatest Jedi ever and wants people to recognize his greatness. In secret, Palpatine approaches Anakin. Palpatine explains the ways of the dark side and how it can be used by Anakin to make him rich and powerful. Anakin is receptive. He and Padme have nothing and they will always have nothing as long as Anakin remains a Jedi. Palpatine's offer cannot be refused.

Palpatine explains to Anakin the rules of the Sith. Palpatine tells Anakin that only two Sith Lords can exist at any one time. If Anakin wants to become rich and powerful, then Anakin must face Darth Tyranus again and kill Darth Tyranus in order to become Palpatine's new apprentice. Later, Anakin and Tyranus meet face to face. Anakin slays Tyranus after an intense light-saber duel.

While Anakin is falling to the dark side, Obi-Wan is busy fighting in the wars. Padme contacts Obi-Wan and tells Obi-Wan that Anakin is leaving the Jedi Order. Obi-Wan leaves the war and rushes to confront Anakin.

Obi-Wan finds Anakin on a volcanic world. Anakin tells Obi-Wan that the Jedi are weak. The Jedi seek to be both poor and powerless. Anakin states that the dark side offers riches beyond any man's wildest ambitions. Anakin calls Obi-Wan an idealistic fool for staying with the Jedi. The two begin to argue. A light-saber battle between them erupts.

Obi-Wan states that he cannot disobey the Jedi Council and blocks Anakin's attack. Anakin becomes reckless and falls into a molten pool. Anakin's light sabre falls to the ground. Obi-Wan watches Anakin sink into the lava pool. Obi-Wan exits the battle area to find help for Anakin.

Palpatine enters and has his storm troopers rescue Anakin from the molten pool. They then quickly leave the area. A few minutes later, Obi-Wan returns with some other Jedi Knights. They are unable to find Anakin. Obi-Wan assumes the molten pool has consumed Anakin's body. Obi-Wan finds Anakin's light sabre on the ground and takes it with him. Obi-Wan tells Padme that Anakin is dead. Padme is saddened by this news.

Palpatine's medical droids nurse Anakin back to health. Anakin is eventually placed into his familiar-looking black mask and body armor. Palpatine teaches Anakin to the ways of the Sith. Anakin grows to hate the Jedi and the Republic. Palpatine promises that, in time, Anakin will be reunited with Padme, but in the mean time Anakin must be patient and allow their plan to unfold. Anakin takes the name of Darth Vader. Only Palpatine and his trusted minions know that Darth Vader is actually Anakin. Everyone else believes that Anakin is dead.

The Clone Wars continue to rage on and thousands of Republic clones are killed in the various battles. Many Jedi are killed in the wars. The Galactic Senate is under heavy pressure from their people to find a way to end the wars. Palpatine continues to frame the Senate and the Jedi as the reason the wars are going so badly. The people demand and end to the Jedi's and Senate's incompetence and corruption. Palpatine takes this opportunity to declare himself Emperor. He immediately abolishes the Galactic Senate, Jedi Council and the entire Jedi Order. The people hail Palpatine as the saviour of the Republic.

Palpatine replaces the Galactic Senate with the Imperial Senate. The members of the new Senate are hand picked by Palpatine. The Imperial Senate and Palpatine issue a proclamation declaring the Jedi Knights to be enemies of the Republic. They order the immediate arrest of all Jedi Knights. The Jedi begin to go into hiding. Jabba the Hutt helps Palpatine hunt down the Jedi. Many Jedi are killed during this purge.

Separatist's agents leak false information to Republic spies concerning a super weapon being developed by the separatist's scientists on Geonosis. Palpatine states that the Republic must have this weapon. Of course, the super weapon does not exist and Palpatine knows this, but he uses this weapon as an excuse to send all of the Republic's remaining star ships into a trap. Palpatine expects the separatist's cloaked fleet to completely annihilate the Republic's star ships and remaining fighters.

All the star ships of the Republic military converge on Geonosis. The flag ship of the Republic fleet contains Palpatine and Darth Vader. Obi-Wan sneaks his star ship into the Geonosis system. Palpatine's flag ship detects Obi-Wan's ship and captures it with a tractor beam. Obi-Wan is brought aboard Palpatine's ship. There are no enemy star ships visible near Geonosis since the separatists's fleet remains hidden with cloaking technology. When the trap is set, the separatist's fleet de-cloakes and destroys most of the Republic's remaining star ships and fighters. Palpatine surrenders and separatist troops board Palpatine's ship and take Palpatine, Darth Vader and Obi-Wan to the lower levels of the separatist's ship.

Yoda, Mace Windu and a pregnant Padme are brought before the separatists leaders. For their protection, Yoda, Windu and Padme are surrounded by creatures we have never seen before. The separatist leader announces that Palpatine and the entire Republic have surrendered. The great Republic has finally lost the war.

A great battle erupts between Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan vs. the separatists, Palpatine and Darth Vader. It is a tremendous fight. Yoda, Mace, Padme and Obi-Wan manage to escape on a starship.

Their starship arrives on an obscure planet called Dagobah. Prior to Luke and Leia's birth, Obi-Wan states that he will now go by the name Ben. The Skywalker twins are born on Dagobah. After many shed tears, Yoda is left behind on Dagobah. Next, Obi-Wan and baby Luke taken to the forgotten world of Tatooine. The final destination for Mace Windu, Padme and baby Leia is the safety of Alderaan. Bail Organa greets them with open arms. Bail gives them a secret hiding place.

Lastly, Obi-Wan is seen at Owen and Beru Lars' home. He gives Luke to them to raise. Obi-Wan tells Owen and Beru that Obi-Wan is now dead along with all the other Jedi Knights. He will now go by the name Ben. The film ends with baby Luke in the gentle arms of Ben Kenobi. The ghostly spirits of many Jedi Knights appear behind Obi-Wan and baby Luke.

http://scripts.cgispy.com/newsboard.cgi?user=starwars5

Yeh, Top_gun, I was :eek: surprised too, but like I say,
Haven't seen them for myself. Apparently George Lucas like to stick odd things in the backgrounds...:rolleyes:

Back