Status
Not open for further replies.

kol_indian

hi,

I have an amd 2800+
asus k8n mother boarsd,
512 mb ram
XfxGeforce fx 5700 128 mb
i overclocked my graphics card alone to 269/441 from 250/400 it was working fine until i went back to my original settings(i.e. 250/400) since that time whenever i try playing Star wars KOTOR II my pc just hangs before hanging there are lot of dots and nothing comes clear.
i tried running dxdiag and it also hangs.
have i fried my card because i am able to everthing else like browsing and stuff. is there any work around i only play Rpg and that to occationally please do help me out.

thank you for ur reply in advance.

If you used Coolbits you are suppose to use test settings these settings will show you how far you can go without causing a problem.. What you can do is remover your drivers and reinstall them go to add and remove programs let us know.

Yes i tested them, infact the setting was what suggested by coolbits. the problem started when i went back to the default settings.
i tried re installing too it worked temporarly and then started giving the problem.

i have the latest drivers and also have path for KOTOR II
everything up todate

Update your drivers make sure everything else is up-to-date and if it still doesn't work then... :hotouch:

KOTOR II patch

If the drivers wont fix it, there is a patch from obsidian, as they have had alot of problems with gfx cards. The patch is here . Im not sure that will work, but that is your best shot

Sean

status update

Removed my card for couple of days used my gforce mx 440 64 mb then put the new card back in now when i play game it works well for some 5 minutes before i get a lot graphics glitches and then it hangs.

could it be my card is getting heated nv moniter the option to check gpu temp is disabled

at high load my

cpu is 52-53 c max
board 38-40 c max.

i dont know abt my card
is there any way to coolmy card it does not have an fan on it the card came only with an heatsink and there is noprovision for attaching a card.

please help, thank for help in advance. :confused:

So when the gpu is oc'ed it doesn't have errors? If so re overclock it.

There are some aftermarket gpu fan/heatsink things, but you have to find one for your specific card.

yers it was so now even if i overclock it hangs

my card is a Geforce fx 5700 le 128 mb from XFX
any suggestions for the for fan and heatsink. :giddy:

that didnt work out the way i planed it is not avilable in india(damn irritating)

so went ahead and got a new one from newegg(my frnd did i will get it from him in about 2 weeks)
the new one is xfx 6800 128 mb ddrwhich i think will be a big upgrade and at 234+50(for shipping to india) it will be one month salary for me!!!!!
here is the link
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150068

but it will be worth it :angel:

thanks to all the guys who helped.

whoa

kol_indian said:
it will be one month salary for me!!!!!

Thats a guy dedicated to his rig! Kinda weird how the Gfx card hasnt arrived, but india is a long ways from newegg (i think they have locations in New Jersey and Cali.) Hope it comes soon

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back