I thought I fixed it, but it's still not right - HJT Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to first say that I read, and re-read the instructions, and I think this is where I post a HJT log. If not, hopefully someone will let me know where I went wrong. My HJT log is attached.

A little background.... the problem is with the computer my husband uses on a daily basis. I'm not familiar with how things may (or may not) have been 'before'. I've run numerous scans with McAfee and it's not finding any problems. I am unable to run Spybot S&D or AdAware (the error says "invalid floating point"). I also have not been able to run either TrendMicro's online scan.

I'm all out of ideas and can really use some help. Thanks!!

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    4.3 KB · Views: 6
The system is badly infected and there are numerous malware entries that need to be removed but it can't be done correctly with just a HijackThis log.

Please follow the steps here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

When through, attach the logs for review. Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware will remove most of it and we will review the logs for other entries to remove as well as recommend any other special programs for cleaning if needed.

Thanks for responding! I downloaded and ran the Avira virus scan (Step 1). Once finished, the computer automatically rebooted. After that, I can't get it to start up properly. The computer will boot up all the way to the log in screen. This computer is set up with two accounts, plus an administrator if you go into safe mode. I was able to get into safe mode one time. When I click on one of the accounts to log into, I see the normal "loading personal settings", then there's a delay, then the computer just shuts down. I'm stumped! Any ideas?

Sounds like you will need to reformat and reload the operating system.

Even the HijackThis log doesn't look like a normal log- even overlooking the malware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back