Ibuypower

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzaza

Hey guys,

Can someone help me out in suggesting a config at http://www.ibuypower.com

I would like a pc that can play current games and that can last for pure gaming for a good 2 years i hope.......im looking for an sli gaming pc, no amd/intel preference,

my budget would be around 900-1000$ easy + shipping

i played with some config but not sure

thx guys and gals

What do you mean by "Pure Gaming", because if you expect to be able to play games two years from now on all high settings,... Needless to say it's probaly not going to happen.

i choose some configs with the different models they had but wasnt sure on the components should it take dual 8500 or 8800 on an SLI mobo...im just not sure
MY budget would be between 800 and 1200

is 420W PSU enough is it better to go for a 600-650W for e.g

thx guys

I am re-reading myself and I do sound pretty retarded lol

sorry guys,

for example, i like this configuration a lot http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp/store/configurator.aspx?mid=262

I am not sure if the 500W PSU is enough, i am not sure which one to go to...
I like the processor
the sli mobo is important so i can go dual gfx card
good to start with 2 gigs of ram
2 8500gt 512mb PCI express

what do you guys think?

I am actually not that unfamiliar with components but im pretty with compatibility and decent life time

I am not looking to go super high details on the games, anyways the human eye can only go so far to enjoy details, huge resolution etc..

thx

If you are considering building an SLI rig, a 650W PSU will marginal at best. There are only a few PSUs certified for SLI by Nvidia for 8800 graphics cards that are as low as 650W. For more information regarding what PSUs to consider for SLI, look here.

Edit: For two 8500GTs you might be ok depending on whether you get the right PSU.

This is what I'd get different from the stock choices.

Enermax Infiniti 720 Power Supply
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750
MSI P6N Diamond nForce 680i SLI
Corsair XMS2 Xtreme w/Heat Spreader

EVGA 8800GT <--- I forgot to add this to the list, but the price remains the same.

The price is $1441.00

SLI does not offer the theoretical 2x performance of a single card and is also not worth it because of the added cooling needed and the increased power consumption compared to a single more powerful card. Add to that the fact that true performance gains are only shown at resolutions of 1600x1200 and above with large amounts of AA and AF enabled and going SLI seems like a bad idea unless you have a large monitor supporting the aforementioned resolutions.
Anyways, consider getting this PC instead. Just change the CPU to an X2 5000+ Black Edition, add the Enermax 620W PSU, choose the 8800GT 512MB as your video card, change the memory to Corsair XMS2 w\ Heat Spreader and you'd have a great gaming PC on your hands that's within your budget as well. Lastly, be sure to get Windows XP Pro SP2 as your OS so you have a problem-free gaming experience. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back