In need of new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, first I know just alittle about computers, and I don't have alot of money, the one I'm useing came from neighbors 3yrs.ago, I would like something that I can play a game or two, dvd's, photo's, I know most of the stuff is software,but it just runs soooo slow it had win.me 4.90 what a joke every 2 wks. it was down for some reson, I installed 2000 win xp no more down time. it only has (900 meg. amd, 128 kil. pri. memory , 64 kil. sec. memory bus clock:100 meg. and 248 meg installed memory. What I am asking is I don't want to buy stuff that that I really don't need. please help

Well, if you want a new computer, I have a design for you, comes to around $600

Motherboard:
Motherbard

Processor:
Processor

RAM:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141423[/COLOR]

Video Card:
Video Card

Case and Power Supply:
Case and Power supply

Hard drive:
Hard Drive

Optical Drive:
Optical drive

Floppy drive:
Floppy drive

Operating System:
Operating System

This is around $600-$700 so it is greatly priced-if you want a sound card, look up a creative sound card on Newegg.com

sw123

also
4. In what country do you live? - necessary to link you to the right e-tailers
5. Do you or someone you know, know how to build a computer?

Kind Regards Jesse ;)

to sw123, that sounds and looks alot better then what I have, This is what the computer would be used for mainly. email, voice and web cam-transfer vhs tapes to dvds-and doing photos, and when I'm not playing ps2 ,gamecube,xbox then maybe a game on the computer. what will something like this run. THANKYOU!

to jesse_hz I live in usa and no I don't know anybody that good or trust any one to work on a computer or build one thats why I'm askng for help. but thankyou

no prob- the average person has no need to spend thousands on a computer just to surf and do office work.

The current issue of "Computer Shoppper" (available in most places having a large magazine selection) details your question entirely and has some very good ideas on buying the right machine and staying within a budget.

I highly recommend it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back