Install / uninstall progs in XP = totale freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few days ago everything went fine, I normally only have to install xp like once a year. I study ict and its also my hobby.

Only thing I did last couple of days was adding alot of movie codecs ( I use only zoomplayer pro for everything ) and some progs for editing subs, movies etc

My computer worked perfect untill now. I cant install codecs with zoomplayer anymore, coudnt uninstall nvidia suddenly, and every time the same result = total freeze. Strange thing is I can uninstall codecs who were already installed and I could uninstall powerDVD, zoomplayer.

When I play movies, clips or other things that needs a media player, I get the same total freeze of xp. But again with some media files cp freezes and with some not ><

Tryed:
Running crapcleaner, adaware, search and destroy, 2 online virusscans (bitdefender and panda) + 1 offline norton 360, registry cleaners and compressers, defrag, pagefile defrag, installing latest drivers of Nvidia 162.xxx, I got the latest windows updates.

Conclusion:
Cant find a logical connection to the problem... and again few days ago everything worked perfectly and the things I tryed, I do them weekly for over more then 1.5 year now so they cant cause the problem.

I really hope somebody can help me out cause I really dont want to re install xp pro again.

My specs:

6600 dual core intell
2x 350 G WD
Geforce 7950 asus 512 MB
win xp pro
1024 MB 800 Mhz Corsair

please read my post in this thread.

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic83967.html

I can only help if you will provide me with the dump file that I describe the person in that thread.

you will have to repredouce your freeze , and when the PC will freeze up, manual dump you machine. (Ctrl+Tap scroll lock twice)

with this dump I would probably can tell you what the cause of the freeze.

Cheers,
EZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back