Install Windows 7 and remove Linux

Hi all!
I have searched a lot for my problem and nothing worked, please help.
I had Linux Mint 14 installed on my hp laptop. I decided to install windows 7 on it.
Since my linux system used ext2 file system, the windows 7 cd did not recognize it. So after researching a lot I used puppy linux to remove all my partitions and reformat my HD in fat32.
But now when insert windows cd, it shows /boot/bcd error

PLEASE HELP!!

Will it work then??
Meanwhile I made a bootable usb for ubuntu and when I try to install from it, it says BOOTMGR MISSING

Please help me till I get the solution, very kind request!
I will try formatting in NTFS

So, you want to make a clean install of Win7? And you can't even load the Windows installer?

..Or do you want a side-by-side install with Linux too?

Edit your BIOS options to set the CD/DVD drive to boot first. If it boots to the hard drive first, it will never try to read the disc and you'll never start the installation process. When you reboot, you should see which key lets you access the BIOS. NOT THE BOOT MENU! Find the BIOS. Then under some of the settings you should find a Boot Sequence you can edit. Switch around the sequence to boot the DVD drive first and the hard drive second or last and you should be able to get it to load the installer.

But don't forget that if you do this, it will always check the DVD drive first. So if you leave the installation disc in there, it may go into an infinite loop of trying to load Windows Files, and all you'll do is start the install process over and over and over again. So make sure that once you start the install process and it loads all the files it needs and goes to reboot, that either it continues the installation upon reboot, or otherwise you'll have to take the disc out when it goes to reboot the first time. It's been a while since I've used my disc, so I don't remember if it installs correctly with the disc in there the whole time and with that BIOS boot sequence changed.

Quote: " It's been a while since I've used my disc, so I don't remember if it installs correctly with the disc "

It should say " press any key to boot from dc/dvd rom " after restart.

Hai, please go to bios and set the first boot to CD/DVD room, restart your pc or laptop,if show press any key to booting from CD, just follow the instruction, and deleted all the partition, and continua with installation. please update if cannot be resolve.

Assis
Desktop and Laptop Engineering

Back