Intel Arc A770 & A750 Review

Another swing and miss. These REALLY should have been out 6 months ago. If only the 770 could have kept its performance up to near 3060ti level it would have been a nice contender.

I'm curious how the drivers have come along. Will Techspot be revisiting the 770/750/380 in a few months to see if there have been improvements?

You keep repeating the word "impressive", yet the conclusion is they suck. A few selected titles are ok, the rest are dead. Consumption is bad and they are overpriced. Who wants to be an unpaid beta tester for Intel, by all means, go buy it.

Did you count counter strike in average fps graph ?? That game is old and nobody cares about it.

I think Arc 770 performance is good specialty if play at 1440p and modern games
In spider-man it even performed better than 6700xt at 1440p

Unless you are chasing maximum FPS those numbers are perfectly playable in most games.
Yeah, and AMD offers a cheaper solution that provides more playable numbers, what's your point?
And the drivers "should" mature over time. Is it wrong I still kind of want a A770?
Curiosity is normal for such a new product. I'd grab an a380 if we ever get that low profile model from MSI.

Hardware specs for the cards in the review:
A770reviewspecs.png

Did you count counter strike in average fps graph ?? That game is old and nobody cares about it.
If more than one person is interested in seeing how these graphics cards handle old DX9-10 era games, then that's more than nobody. Besides, the averages were calculated via the use of geomean, where outliers have a far less impact on the average than the other values.

Yeah, and AMD offers a cheaper solution that provides more playable numbers, what's your point?

Curiosity is normal for such a new product. I'd grab an a380 if we ever get that low profile model from MSI.

My point is its new technology from a 3rd party dominated by 2 players. And as an enthusiast its always fun to try new things. Especially new tech that should only get better. Its not always about dollars.

Before mocking Intel, just remember that architectures evolve and drivers mature slowly. Intel has the cash to burn and if they persist for a decade then the result will be really exciting. Right now, it's pretty good for a first gen but not something that most of us will buy.
While true, there is another side to that argument, that being intel has had these xe cores in use on their iGPUs for years, and these cards got delayed by 18+ months. Intel has many times the resources and employees of the likes of nvidia and AMD, yet they required small youtube channels to point out bugs. Really with all that time and money most of these bugs should have been worked out before launch.

I think if they stick with it they could certainly become a contender - however they have budget cards that can only be on systems that Support ReBAR. I think that itself does narrows down the field somewhat.

I think if they stick with it they could certainly become a contender - however they have budget cards that can only be on systems that Support ReBAR. I think that itself does narrows down the field somewhat.
There are a lot of 8th/9th gen Intel boards that support rebar with a bios update. I had an MSI Bazooka that did. I was using rebar with an i9-9700K and RTX 3080 before I did a platform upgrade. Intel did not bother to mention this I guess because it was not officially supported at launch and not every manufacturer updated their boards to allow it. I would imagine very few pre-built manufacturers bothered to get that update out though. However, if you built your own 8th/9th gen PC, you should check and see if a rebar update was released.

I'm somewhat excited about these cards and I would consider buying one if I was in the market for a low-mid range card. I think it's reasonable that Intel will get driver updates that will increase performance on older games. I also think it is reasonable that they started with newer games as it would have looked worse if old game ran great and it could not keep up with newer titles. Obviously, it would be better if both performed well. I don't think these will sell well, but it's a really solid start for Intel, they have at least proved they can make a modern GPU. It has RT, ML Upscaling, and is capable within the pricing tier. Hopefully Battlemage will continue to be competitive in this tier, no point for Intel to make 'extreme' GPUs at the moment. Competition in the mid-range should also compel AMD and Nvidia to focus a little more on that segment, which somehow got left behind last gen.

I think Arc 770 performance is good specialty if play at 1440p and modern games
In spider-man it even performed better than 6700xt at 1440p
So if that‘s the one game you play, sure, it‘s a pretty good deal.

Radeon cards perform terribly in this particular game - at 1080p a 3060Ti beats a 6800 and essentially ties it at 1440p, so I‘m curious what‘s going on here.
Didn‘t Zen 3 CPU also do very poorly in this game? Quite odd considering it‘s a console port.

Last edited:
Best get on that driver optimization game quick Intel, could have actually been a serious competitor here.

So Intel told the truth! These cards perform right where they said they would and are pretty good.

Not a disaster. Not for competitive gamers. I'd guess these Arc cards are workable for older single player games where framerate isn't crucial.

You keep repeating the word "impressive", yet the conclusion is they suck. A few selected titles are ok, the rest are dead. Consumption is bad and they are overpriced. Who wants to be an unpaid beta tester for Intel, by all means, go buy it.

Reviewers when:

New Nvidia GPU: Its a bit expensive, but its ok, buy buy buy (and proceed to make every review with one and to make sure that there are RTX boxes and GPUs visible on all reviews and videos.)

New Intel GPU: Welcome Intel, not a bad attempt.

New AMD GPU: This is a money grab move by AMD and its trash, avoid and wait for anything new from Nvidia. Hell, a 6900XT at US$700 MSRP still gets passed!

AMD simply has no hope.

Back