Intel Core i7-1185G7 vs Core i7-1165G7 Review

As much as people bash TDP ratings, this is precisely why they are useful. If there were different model numbers for different TDP, and OEMs were not allowed to modify them, then it would be much easier to determine if the product you are purchasing is high performance or not. The theorist in me thinks they do this on purpose to sell performance that 99% of their implementations cannot handle.

I'd still want AMD anyway for their GPU drivers. Intel is still on par with 2006 ATi in quality, developing random issues and still not supporting all of hardware T+L in older games.

It is really amazing how in just 1 year, notebook expectations have completely changed. Last year, these would have been the top most, highly competitive products. But AMD came in and changed the landscape, its almost wonderful. Now we expect 6 and 8 core offerings in a low power envelope. It's obvious we do not want to go back

Disappointing indeed to see the top of the line Intel CPU bringing lukewarm performance.
Again, still only 4 core, when the Ryzen 7 4800U has moved forward with impressive performance even at 15W, even though AMD has managed to cram 8 cores in this thing.

Back