Internet Disconnecting Randomly

Taycat

Hello all. I hope this isn't in the wrong section...
My computer recently has begun to disconnect itself from the internet randomly. One time, it did it for an hour and would keep reconnecting but soon after disconnecting again. I've eliminated the chance it was my whole service by asking members of the household if their internet was acting up.

Here's another strange thing that will happen when the problem occurs. Upon shutting down to try and reconnect, my computer will be stuck on the shutdown screen.

I found one minidump from yesterday, but I'm not sure how much of a help it will be. I'll attach it anyway.

Please inform me if there is any other information that you require.

Attachments

• 050213-32526-01minidump.zip
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
Ah, well, it seems that 2 hours after my last post, my Dlink died.
Guess that solves that.

Naa; I had one that cr*pped out too. Have yet to see settings cause a hardware failure :0

Hey Taycat. Your problem could be a number of things based on how you connect, wired or wirelessly. True, it's not your ISP if others in the house don't lose connection when you do. Based on your other hanging issue on shutdown, I would say your problem is with your pc itself, a hardware issue with your adapter or the router port if you connect in "wired" mode, or a software issue with your pc, corrupted file, malware, in need of cleanup. You could also try to download and apply the latest firmware update for your Dlink If you get a new router and you still have the issues, you know it will be something in your pc.

Back