Internet keeps disconnecting, I've tried seemingly everything!

Hi, I have an internet issue that I just cant quite get my head round! I'm with Talktalk and have a Huawei HG520b router, i'm connecting wirelessly to it. I've been told that the router has problems when using DHCP and causes searches to be redirected, so I've given my computer a static IP.
My computer is using the opendns dns codes: primary 208.67.222.222, secondary 208:67.220.220
Like i stated im connected by a static IP, and on the options for my router i have set it to a nailed up connection so it does not disconnect for being idle. I'm using wirless channel 1, I've also unticked the IPV6 box, and turned off the power management settings in the adapter settings, and updated my wireless adapter. But still, after doing all this, my internet connection is never reliable, I cant work out what it is thats wrong, in the bottom left corner it still shows be as being connected but when I try to load websites theres nothing, just continual loading. The times when its most noticeable is if i'm using the radio on my laptop, it just stops playing, and thats how i no the connections been interrupted. That says sometimes it goes hours without being used. My main internet browser is Google Chrome, i do have others available for use but they are also having the same problems. Any suggestions would really be great, i'm all out of ideas!

primary 208.67.222.222, secondary 208:67.220.220
yea, there's a typo with the ':', but those are the OpenDNS server addresses and quite valid - - another choice would be the google dns at 8.8.8.8
(hint: use one of each :) )

Try another router. If the router works, then your router is at fault. Try factory resetting it, which will hopefully fix the DHCP problem.

Also I would reccomend using IE for Firefox for any modem troubleshooting, some modems/routers don't respond well to Chrome.

Also I would reccomend using IE for Firefox for any modem troubleshooting, some modems/routers don't respond well to Chrome.
Sorry to be a nay sayer here, but that is irrational. The browser operates and the application layer of the TCP stack and the router operates at the Link Layer. No off the shelf browser can see or impact the router or the modem.

IE/Firefox are both tried and true browsers, so you know that where you stand with them and can subsequently troubleshoot the layer in an easier fashion. It just means you can troubleshoot faster. Also, most ISPs prefer to work with IE/FF, because it is what they know well, and can navigate flying blind.

Back