Irql_not_less_or_equal_to Bsod Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just got a new ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard for my system because the other one was cactus and only powered up for about 4 seconds.

Turn's on fine and stays on until about 5 seconds into the Windows XP loading screen and i get BSOD with the infamous IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO error, It has no file displayed down the bottom of BSOD either as to what it's relevant to.

No matter how i go about trying to fix it i can't do it.

If i try to re-install windows/repair windows/use safe mod i get the same BSOD straight after or sometimes even before the installation commences.

I don't have a Floppy disk drive either.

I have also tested RAM and still get the same error, i've hit a brick wall.

Any suggestions, help or idea's on how to fix this would be more than appreciated!

Repair should work.
It's usually standard measure to Repair after replacing motherboards

Can be Ram, trying running with just one card (if you have two) Or at least re-seat
Can be bios, just do a reset (refer to manual)

How important is the data, if it's not so important, just do a fresh install of Windows

As i said, i cant get to the point to Repair or even do a fresh Re-Install. Getting BSOD as they start to commence or before even getting to the point where i can select.

Hi again,

Just to re-confirm, have you set your CMOS (usually DEL or F2 or other prompt at computer startup) to Cdrom as the first bootable device ?

If this happens, even when booting directly to CD, then it must be hardware related, (or faulty bios)

You can update the Motherboards BIOS by going HERE and selecting the plus sign on BIOS
Info:
M2N-SLI_DELUXE BIOS
support new CPU.

You can update your bios without a floppy too, by copying the BIOS update TOOL and updated bios FIRMWARE to a bootable CD

This may be a good option, how do you feel about doing this?

Sounds great ill give that a shot, seem to be having brick walls again no matter what way i go, the only spare comp in the house does'nt have a CD burner HAH which means i've probably gotta wait until i get access to one. (Tomorrow)

Thanks again for the help ill keep you posted on how it goes.

Well, after much agrivation. Tried new GFX card. No good, new thermal glue, still no good. Left the computer after trying both of these things for a day. Switched her back on re-installed windows no problems.

Conclusion; no idea what caused it, but it works now so im happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back