Irritating minor problems everywhere. please check log if everything is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

animemanga

Hi
my title says it all. I have the feeling that my pc is not well. I might be wrong.
please check my log and see if my pc is clean

Attachments

• hijackthis10.txt
    6 KB · Views: 5
Very important: Before deciding whether to clean or reformat your system, read this thread and decide what you want to do.

If, after reading the above thread, you decide to clean your system, please do the following:

First, rename HijackThis.exe to analyzer1991.exe. This is because some malware can hide from HijackThis.exe.

Now, have HijackThis fix the following entries:

O3 - Toolbar: Seekmo Toolbar - {53E0B6E8-A51D-448B-B692-40B67B285543} - C:\Program Files\Seekmo Programs\Seekmo Toolbar\SeekmoTB.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Workflow] D:\Workflow.exe
O16 - DPF: {2D2BEE6E-3C9A-4D58-B9EC-458EDB28D0F6} - [http]www.drivecleaner.com/.freeware/installdrivecleanerstart.cab
O16 - DPF: {B64F4A7C-97C9-11DA-8BDE-F66BAD1E3F3A} - [http]locator1.cdn.imagesrvr.com/sites/errorsafe.com/www/pages/scanner/ErrorSafeNewReleaseInstall.cab

Go into the Task Manager by pressing and holding CTRL, then ALT, then DEL, then releasing them simultaneously. Go to the Processes tab and end the process for (if there):

Workflow.exe
seekmotb.dll

Go start-->run, and type in appwiz.cpl.

In the Change or Remove programs section, remove anything related to the following:

Seekmo
drive cleaner
ErrorSafe
Broadjump

Delete the following bold files and folders (if there):
C:\Program Files\ErrorSafe<--delete the entire folder
D:\workflow.exe
C:\Program Files\Drive Cleaner<--delete the entire folder
C:\Program Files\Seekmo Programs<--delete the entire folder

Now go to this thread and follow the instructions for posting an AVG Antispyware log.

Please post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread. Please don't forget to rename hijackthis.exe.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of animemanga only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

so my pc wasn't clean after all. but before we proceed on solutions i would just like to ask few questions.

i use my pc for internet banking so is there any other way to solve my problems other than cleaning my system( i know it might sound stupid)

do i follow the instructions on the first link or was it just for reading.

thnx so much in advance

The first link that kitty500cat gave you, is to offer you the chance to decide what it is you want to do and to highlight the possible risks involved. The thread contains links, which hopefully should make any decision easier to make.

Of course, if after reading the information, you want to clean your system, then that is entirely up to you and we will attempt to do just that.

The only real nasty I can see on your system so far is the SeekmoTB.dll file, see info below.

SeekmoTB.dll

Component Name: SeekmoTB.dll

Description of SeekmoTB.dll
This is a component of Seekmo Toolbar. Seekmo Toolbar is an adware application that monitors user searches and continually displays pop-up advertisements onto the user's system.

Recommendation for SeekmoTB.dll
It is highly recommended that this application be removed from the system.

Trusted: No
Trojan: No
Chronic: No
Adware: Yes
Carrier: No
Browser Hijacker: No
Dialer: No
Commercial Keylogger: No
Remote Administration Tool: No
Suspected: No

Company Name: NA
Platforms Affected:
Methods of Distribution: NA
Variants/Versions:
Release Date: NA

In my opinion, the above nasty is not a risk to your personal information.

Hopefully, the above info will help you to decide what it is you want to do.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of animemanga only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i seem to be misunderstanding. the link you have kindly provided suggest that you should reinstall or refromat when you have nasties in your system. this virus that give your info to third parties. however kikky didn't mention that my system had a virsus or malware. am not going to loose anything by following the instruction kikky gave so am just going to follow them and post a fresh loq.

howard i didn't know u from england. just one question is ediwo and avg the same? if not please send my a link of where i can d/l ewido and zone alaram

thanx again

Grisoft who are the makers of AVG, are now the owners of Ewido and have renamed it as AVG Antispyware. Therefore you don`t have to worry about that. HERE is a link to Zonealarm.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of animemanga only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back