Is it my processor or motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help!!!i am having problems getting my operating system to run!when i power it on, atimes,it gets stuck in the press f12 for boot menu or del for setup display..and when i click on f12 of del key, i just get a beeping sound from the motherboard..
sometimes, i get a stretched beeped sound when it powers on, or jumbled digits displayed in the monitor..in all, the OS does not come on..
i only just added a 2nd hard disk and left it hanging for days while trying to get it formatted and OS installed...
can any one tell me what is destroyed or faulty if any...

Hello, shiznit, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, the beep code should tell you what's wrong, so hopefully tedster's link will be all you need :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back