Is My DVD/CD-RW spoiled ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, i have a problem with my DVD/CD-RW drive. :dead:

I am using Toshiba Satellite A50. Recently, my DVD/CD-RW cant read any DVDs or CDs. When i insert a DVD or CD in to the drive, its says somethings like "the data maybe corrupted".

does anybody knows how to check if my DVD/CD-RW condition? is it spoiled or there is something wrong with operating system or other software issue ?

is changing new DVD/CD-RW the only way to solve ?
errrrr.... actually i am planning to do that but before that i want to make sure that DVD/CD-RW is really spoiled.... :blackeye:

ps : i am using windows XP Pro SP2

many thanks for the help ..........

Find a bootable cd, stick that in and reboot. If it boots off CD its a software problem.

Make sure your BIOS is set so it looks to boot off that cd before it tries the hard drive.

Also what kind of DVD's adn Cd's are you talking about? are they commerical disks or disks that have been burned?

Thanks SGNX1275, i have already tried, but it doesn't works. So i guess is the lense have something wrong.

By the way, Iss, i have only tried to read those disks that i have burned and also try the recovery DVD thats come from the manufacturer but still no response from my DVD drive.

So i suppose its die already ....... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back