Is my PSU going to be good enough for this rig?

Hello, this is my rig:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 1.5 GB
Storage: 1x200 GB hard disk + 1x100 GB hard disk
RAM: 2x2 GB DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR
Monitor: 17 inch LCD
Accessories: Gaming mouse, standard keyboard, gaming headphones, standard webcam, standard controller

This is my PSU:
fvpl2e

(if you can't open the image :)) PSU image
Switching Power Supply 400W
Red +5V 30A
Yellow +12V 30A
White -5V 0.5A
Blue -12V 0.8A
Orange +3.3V 28A
Purple +5VSB 3A
(+5V & +3.3V total output 230W)
OUTPUT 460W MAX
Input 230V-4.5A 50Hz

If my PSU is too weak, please tell me how big of a wattage do I need? Thanks :D

MPT reminds me of Casing Macron. Those PSU's are generally quite low quality.

400 watts is enough but quality is not.

HardReset and myself are usually of different opinions. However this is not one of those times. I completely agree with his assessment.

This is one of those times where all we can say is it will either work or it will not. And if it does work, the amount of load could be a ticking time bomb just waiting to burn up.

When you realize that your system's PSU can ruin almost every component in your entire box, take the time to read the reviews on tech website's like this one, don't fixate on any one specific brand, they can all have the occasional lemon, but the branded PSU companies usually have far fewer problems.
When you find a make and model that you decide is a good bet, ask yourself if there is any chance you might upgrade any of your other components, anytime soon-ish, take that into account, too.

So, you suggest it's basically a ticking time bomb...
That's a shame, so, do you think I was scammed because I payed 60$ for it 2 years ago?

Scammed?
I have no idea.

Without being in a position to check your PSU's output, I couldn't offer an opinion as to it's quality, but think about this: PSUs not only have to last, they also have to provide clean, consistent power, so addressing only it's longevity isn't enough.

If you value the things you do with your PC, if the data, pictures or video that you choose to store on your PC are important or simply irreplaceable, why take chances that you might lose the use of it or them?
Don't get me wrong, it would be silly of you to buy a top-of-the-line, 1300W power supply, but trying to save a few dollars on a cheap, barely-making-it power supply is soooo much worse.

Based on your list, buying a 450-500W PSU is not unreasonable, BUT...don't go to the clearance bin or look for the lowest price 450W PSU, either. Most computer parts stores like Micro Center and Newegg offer customer reviews, take some time to read the ones in your category, and read the reviews you find at places such as Tom's hardware, Anandtech and so on. Spending a few minutes before the shopping spree, WILL save a lot of time (and swearing) after the build.

BTW: Mr. Murphy just LOVES taking advantage of folks who don't make regular file backups :-]

Good luck.

I'm curious, what HDDs are you describing on your list?

"1x200 GB hard disk , and 1x100 GB hard disk"

I think I was supposed to say SDD.
English is my second language so I do make mistakes :D
I have 2 hard disks, one is 200 GB and the other is 100 GB.
I don't know the exact branding and stuff like that because I did not buy them.
I got the PC from my brother and I am slowly upgrading it.
So far, I bought a new motherboard, a new graphics card, a new proccessor and new RAM.

"I do make mistakes"

I know people whose primary language IS English, and they still make mistakes, so don't worry, eh :-}

If hongkong is your native tounge than this what you want here.
http://www.ebay.com.hk/itm/Antec-VP...470661?hash=item3ad9e07b45:g:v8cAAOSw5cNYNid3
I owned that 3 years ago only had 1 problem from it and it died out after 2 years, no damages done to my old fx4100 build.
Other than that it will be enough to support you rig, if you add on any gpu cards say like gtx 900 series and up.
Then you will want a more better quality psu america,europe, austrial usually go for these here.
https://www.amazon.com/SeaSonic-750W-Power-Supply-SS-750KM3/dp/B002VAFDQS

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNO...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B2G00H7ACMHTWVAR3A5R

Back