Is this good RAM for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaLo2FrEeEk

G.Skill, 8 GB kit (4x2GB), PC2 6400, DDR2 800 MHz.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231151

For the $175 price tag, is that good RAM? I've heard rave reviews about G.Skill, but only from a few people that don't really know much about computers, and I've never used it. I looked at that and the old saying came to mind "You get what you pay for", but I've seen better prices on newegg, they never fail to deliver.

So, coming from people who have probably used this RAM before, would I be crazy to get this, or crazy NOT to get it? I have 4 GB (4x1GB) now of DDR2 5300, 667 MHz, but moving up to 8 GB would help with gaming and all sorts of other stuff. And before anyone asks, yes, I have Vista Ultimate x64, so I can handle 8 Gigs.

Comments?

Sweet, I'll probably buy when I get some monies. Payday isn't for another week and I have bills (blah), but things are going well so hopefully I'll be good to go with this stuff before long. The only thing that bothers me is I have nothing to do with the old RAM that I'll have after buying thing, but I could probably sell it to a friend. If you know anyone that wants to buy some cheap RAM that's only been used (no problems with it) let me know, I have 2x1GB DDR2 800MHz, and 2x1GB DDR2 667 MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back