Issue with intermittent freezing; I'm looking for reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running a dual boot system with two 500 GB hard drives, one with Vista, one with XP. When I was first running on XP this problem occurred with no regularity other than it would most certainly happen sometime. The problem is that my system freezes completely. It cuts off anything related to computer function, such as the monitor, mouse, keyboard, headphones, but leaves my USB attached MP3 players still able to charge. There are no apparent (normal) triggers to this as I keep PC Probe running to track my temperature and I only recently got Vista (where the problem appears to be more common) and it's clean of dangerous viruses. While on Vista my computer may shut down at CPU temps. between 35 degrees C and 48 degrees C (that's pretty much the range between running a couple background programs and running IE7 to Running Crysis), and at motherboard temps. between 40 degrees C and 45 degrees C (at 45 C PC Probe gives a warning that it may be getting hot but as far as I know 45 C is fairly cool).
My Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad I believe
MB: Asus P5E3 Premium
Graphics: Radeon 4800
PSU: Thermaltake 750W
Cooling: Air-cooled, 3 fans, the one on my CPU is 120mm
if you need more info I'll be happy to give it, I really need to fix this issue :)

Have you tried updating the ASUS motherboards drivers or bios? I stay away from ASUS at all costs.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back