iTunes and QuickTime Going Up The Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJediSlayer

Hello, I recently tried to update iTunes and QuickTime on my parent's computer. However, every time I try and update both programs, they simply stop halfway through their installation. I get some error each time that pops up with this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\...

I've tried to get into the file, but I can't gain access to it. I have also tried to unistall iTunes and Quicktime, but doesn't seem to matter. Any help would be appreciated.

It seems to me that they are corrupted.

Unistall both of them. Then download the latest ones.

Regards Jase :)

I tried to uninstall them both, but iTunes is being too damn stubborn to be taken off. QuickTime, was removed though and then re-added again with the latest version if I remember correctly. Every time it's the same error after trying to update iTunes.

I uninstalled both iTunes and QuickTime with that Total Uninstall program. However, now I get the following error when trying to install iTunes again:

"1: The InstallScript engine is missing from the machine. If available, please run ISScript.msi, or contact your support personnel for further assistance."

Yikes! Seems like this thing keeps getting worse and worse by the minute. I got three errors this time, rather than one.

"Error 1905.Module C:\Program Files\iTunes\ITDetector.ocx failed to unregister. HRESULT - 2147220472. Contact your support personnel.

Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\...\{3CB41017-4C56-934C-ED02156251E7}. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Note: Two of the three errors were the same I believe.

Go into registry by going to start/run and typing in Regedit.

Note: Before making any changes go to file, then export, and save to a desired location.

Now search for Itunes and delete any keys found't. Then once again try to install Itunes.

Hey, thanks for the help so far. I know this is becoming a pain. Anyways, I have deleted all the registry's I could find. Used Total Uninstall to find anything else iTunes and Quicktime related. The problem now, is that iTunes won't install anymore. I click on the .exe installation program and it loads up, but then stops and displays a page saying that it's completed. However, it has not completed and says there were errors etc. Basically, now it won't install itself. I've tried rebooting.

Try downloading another installation from the itunes site, then try to install again.

You could maybe try a system restore to a few days earlier, then do the updates for Itunes. See how here.

Hey, I have tried redownloading another installation, however, it still produces the same problem as it did before with the other one.

Anyways, I did a system restore, and of course that didn't help out. Well, it seemed like it almost got done installing when one error came up. It was a registry error, but when I looked for it, I couldn't find it. Anyways, I'm not quite ready to give up just yet, but I appreciate the help so far. I just don't know what else to do really.

Edit: Oh. At least we got the installation part to go on. Ha ha.

This needs to be deleted:

O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} (cpbrkpie Control) - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/4047/ftp.coupons.com/v3123/cpbrkpie.cab

These also need to be deleted from your HJT log:

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {45A4902E-4479-4EAE-A186-8D0F7E4C78DE} - (no file)

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - - (no file)

Delete these by putting a tick next to them in HJT and clicking fix checked.

Please read this thread. Follow all intstructions exactly.

It is not needed by the user, and is typically viruses, spyware, or adware and it hogs resources.

I've received the following error: "Error 1905.Module C:\Program Files\iTunes\ITDetector.ocx failed to unregister. HRESULT - 2147220472. Contact your support personnel."

I have looked in the registry for it, but have not found any iTunes registry files.

Also, this error appeared: "Could not open key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\...\{3CB41017-4C56-934C-ED02156251E7}. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel."

Interesting enough, these two were in one of my post above, and I can't find them.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\...\{3CB41017-4C56-934C-ED02156251E7}.

Just follow that in registry and it will lead you to it. So in registry go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/software and so on.

And then delete it. Then try to install again.

Well, it says it's been around since 2005. However, I never bothered to update the thing because I use my own computer. Unfortunately, my speakers are busted out, so I'm trying to get iTunes to work on my parents computer.

I'll try looking one last time, but I've thoroughly searched that part of the registry pretty good.

Hey, sorry for the double post. Looks like the registry key: {3CB41017-4C56-934C-ED02156251E7} after all was there. Only proving that either I'm blind as a bat ( Which probably isn't too far from the truth. ) or somehow I deleted it earlier, and it reappeared.

At either rate, I deleted the registry file. However, still says the same errors as before on the iTunes installation. In fact, I deleted all the files etc that pertain to iTunes in the registry that I could find, and in C://Program Files. Still says the following:

Error 1905.Module C:\Program Files\iTunes\ITDetector.ocx failed to unregister. HRESULT - 2147220472. Contact your support personnel.

Could not open key:

Are you using a user account, that is an Administrator. If not then you definitely won't be able to install Itunes. Try checking this first by going into Control Panel->User Accounts.

If you are an administrator, then you may have some registry conflicts in your system. For this to resolve, try this utility which is available for download as a trial version:
www.tune-up.com
TuneUp Utilities is a nice tool to automatically search for system errors like this and clean them for you. Try TuneUp Registry Cleaner and 1-Click System Maintenance for fixing these issues.

Alright, I tried practically everything on that Tune-Up program and still got the same errors back from the iTunes installer. I did download a new iTunes.exe program and restarted my computer.

This has got me really thinking lol.

I don't know why it won't install.

One question, are you logged on as the administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back