Javascript problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medic-5150

Hey everyone,

On both of my computers, both running xp, I cannot open javascript links online. In mozilla it does and says nothing, and in IE it says error on page and will not load. If I right click it in IE and open it in a separate window, It says the page cannot be displayed, if I click open in same window it loads nothing, and says error on page in lower left corner. I checked both my router and VoIP router and javascript is allowed. Not sure what do to, it's rather annoying. Could it be a service that I had disabled by chance? If so, which one would it be?

Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. I did all of the above. The java link said I had the most recent version installed and verified that it was working correctly. Adobe flash was not installed, but is now. I'm still having the same problem...I took a screen shot in case that might help, although nothing really happens. However, I can't upload it as an attachment for whatever reason, and the direct link to photobucket doesn't work....

ok, what about Internet Explorer (also after the reset applied)
Instead of Firefox

Oh and the link worked for me

I reset internet explorer on both computers, one will not open "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropritate permissions to access the file.". And on the other computer, same issue as before. Did not open in either broweser

I reset internet explorer on both computers, one will not open "Windows cannot access...
I've seen that Windows message when a file\program that was starting with Windows has been removed.

You can remove any unwanted startup shortcuts with this program (once run, look at every tab) http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

But I'm actually a little bit confused what you meant :confused: (I hope I got it right :) )

load the page in question using IE

the little Error Symbol in the lower left -- dbl click on it and it will display
the error diagnostic;
try to copy/paste it into your follow-up

I ran that program, and IE didn't show up under any of the tabs. I got the error I mentioned above when I clicked on the IE icon. I don't recall disabling IE or uninstalling any portion of it.

On my other computer, IE works just fine, but still will not open the Jobs link, or any other link similar to it. I can't access my 401k either, it says the same javascript:{showexternalcandidates();} when I hover the cursor over it, and displays nothing after I click it.

load the page in question using IE

the little Error Symbol in the lower left -- dbl click on it and it will display
the error diagnostic;
try to copy/paste it into your follow-up

When I click on the error in the bottom left corner I get the following: Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. int eh future...blah blah.

Below that it says :
Line: 20
Char: 1
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
Then the URL
Then:
Line:1
Char: 2
Error: object expected
Code:0
URL:http://Stjosephhealth.org/jobs_current.aspx

When I try to access the 401k website I get the following:
Line: 294
Error: 'undefined' is null or not an object
Then the URL

Usually, if the IE logo is in the lower left, there's no javascript error.
JS errors will show an Error icon and get you to the line of code that failed.

If you click a web button or link and nothing happens, it's usually other issues than
just Javascript, like DNS, cache, trojans ...

Time lan in our replies ...
When I click on the error in the bottom left corner I get the following: Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. int eh future...blah blah.

Below that it says :
Line: 20
Char: 1
Error: Syntax error
Then the URL
Then:
Line:1
Error: object expected
Code:0
URL:http://Stjosephhealth.org/jobs_current.aspx

When I try to access the 401k website I get the following:
Line: 294
Error: 'undefined' is null or not an object
Then the URL
Yes the Javascript loaded from your website is failing -- the hard part is knowning
which end (your system vs the website) caused the problem.

I'll site a simple url that employs JS to confirm an email, you should be able to
fetch the page and play with the numbers. If not, then the issue will be your system.

try www.smbdataprotection.com/products/rba_3xOpportunityCost.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back