Inactive Keyboard virus or BIOS virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yovannesa

Hello everybody!
I have a 1420 Dell Inspiron, and I got a virus or something in it 2 months ago. First I bought a new keyboard and I set it up in the laptop, but the
same things were happening. Since then, I've been running every antivirus or antispyware that I found without good results.

I saw the post from Mad Bad Monk, , and it seems the sane thing that is
happening to my computer. Everything is the same so, I did what
howard_hopkinso recomended, except the GMER report because the
computer seemed so slow doing it (4 hrs. And then it got stuck), and
now I'm here.

I'll really appreciate anything you can do to help me
out with this problem.

Thank you,
Yovannesa

Attachments

• DDS.txt
    30 KB · Views: 2
  • Attach.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
  • hijackthis.log
    18 KB · Views: 1
  • mbam-log-2010-05-01 (23-43-26).txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 3
You're not really saying, what your issues are. Please, explain.

As for GMER....

If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.
If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.
If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

Thank you Broni!!
Here are all my issues:
1. I can't type any of the following keys: b, n, space, backspace, alt Gr, and the down, left, right arrows.
2. When for some reason the "virus" gets activated, it starts some programs like Internet Explorer, Windows Player, iTunes, Mozilla, so many times at the same time.
3. The keyboard starts working by itself. It will type many numbers, but when it happens the keys won't work.
4. If I type "d" the computer will run a shortcut and it'll show me the desktop, and it'll keep doing the same with all the letters.

I'm running the GMER scan in safe mode now. I'll post the results as soon as it gets done.

Thank you again,
yovannesa

Please download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**
  1. Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
  2. Close any open browsers.
  3. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
    • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    • Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
    NOTE1. If Combofix asks you to install Recovery Console, please allow it.
    NOTE 2. If Combofix asks you to update the program, always do so.
    • Close any open browsers.
    • WARNING: Combofix will disconnect your machine from the Internet as soon as it starts
    • Please do not attempt to re-connect your machine back to the Internet until Combofix has completely finished.
    • If there is no internet connection after running Combofix, then restart your computer to restore back your connection.
  4. Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
  5. When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  6. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review.
**Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall**

Make sure, you re-enable your security programs, when you're done with Combofix.

DO NOT make any other changes to your computer (like installing programs, using other cleaning tools, etc.), until it's officially declared clean!!!

Here are the combofix and the hijack this logs.

I had a problem before running the combofix scan,
it kept saying that the Panda Global Protection was enabled,
but I uninstalled that program a long time ago.???
Thank you Broni for your help.
Yovannesa

Attachments

• hijackthisnew.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 2
  • comfix.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 2
I don't think, your issue is malware related. I simply don't see any malicious activity.

Let's run one more scan...

1. Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.

2. Go to Kaspersky website and perform an online antivirus scan.

1. Disable your active antivirus program.
2. Read through the requirements and privacy statement and click on Accept button.
3. It will start downloading and installing the scanner and virus definitions. You will be prompted to install an application from Kaspersky. Click Run.
4. When the downloads have finished, click on Settings.
5. Make sure these boxes are checked (ticked). If they are not, please tick them and click on the Save button:

• Spyware, Adware, Dialers, and other potentially dangerous programs
    [*] Archives
    [*] Mail databases
6. Click on My Computer under Scan.
7. Once the scan is complete, it will display the results. Click on View Scan Report.
8. You will see a list of infected items there. Click on Save Report As....
9. Save this report to a convenient place. Change the Files of type to Text file (.txt) before clicking on the Save button. Then post it here.

Well, as I said, this is not malware related. You may try to repost in Windows forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back