Keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey First post here, I have an issue with my PC at work, when I Try to log in at work most of the buttons on my Keyboard make my Tower Beep at me , and when I hit the Backspace Key it is typing a square Character in the user name, so obviously it won't let me sign in and i would like to Thanks for any ideas

Clean the keyboard with difluoroethane gas (dust off) while upside down. Otherwise, buy a new keyboard, if that doesn't work, as a replacement keyboard is the least expensive way to deal with the issue.

hmm

Yeah I actually tried a few different keyboards, I think it might be a setting with my PC but I don't know how I can change anything without being able to sign in.

So the problem occurs, regardless of what keyboard you use?
Have you tried rebooting in <SAFE MODE>?
You might want to run the 8-steps removal programs found elsewhere on this forum, as you may have an infestation.
Also check the socket into which you plug the keyboard... whether USB or PS/2 to assure there is no dirt or debris in the port.
The beep is a specific error. You might want to review the beep codes found elsewhere on this TechSpot forum to see what is reported. The fact that most keys on the board cause this same error indicates the problem is elsewhere in the computer and the beep codes may tell you where. They vary from motherboard to motherboard, so you need to figger out what motherboard you have. Look at the board carefully with a strong light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back