Status
Not open for further replies.

mokaboy

Hello all,

i recently got hold of a laptop free its a viglen 2700T laptop specs

Pentium III 1ghz
128mb RAM
Win 98SE

Basically the cd drive did not work, it would be detected in bios and would show in windows under my computer but if you double click on the drive it would display the message Cd drive is not accesble please try again. I tried booting with a XP Pro cd and it did not rekonise the cd.

I have bought a new cd drive and got PC WORLD (uk main pc store) to fit it. This cost £30 and i have just got back to test it and its not working (same problem). I forgot to take my power lead to PC WORLD so they could not test it themselves... i agreed to let them do the work without testing (i kno my bad)

My question is does anyone know what is wrong with it? I now know how to fit these myself so if it involves going into the laptop i will not hesitate.

Please please please help me i need this to install format the hdd as its in such a mess.

Thanks alot in advance
Moka

If a new drive still will not work with all the correct connections, then you have a motherboard issue - plain and simple. You will then need to replace the motherboard. This may not make economic sense to spend this amount of money.... consider it carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back