Laptop problem - I've scoured the web to no avail

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i have a fujitsu siemens Li 1718, yesterday i was changing my desktop background when the screen turned blue for 1 second then switched off.

if i turn my power button on it sort of tries to boot but doesnt, the screen remains blank. although the power switch light remains on.

if i press the wireless button nothing happens light wise.

ive hooked it up to my monitor here but again nothing.

can anyone help me at all? im outta warranty but this laptop has hardly ever been used.

thanks for reading my message & any help would be superb.

James.

Fn+F4 toggles display modes.

If that doesn't work, sounds like the LCD inverter failed.

Is that under warranty? It isn't that old.

Remove the battery and power supply, press the power button and leave the computer alone over night. Plug in the power supply without the battery and try to start the computer. If this stuff doesn't work then you will probably have to take it in for repair. Let me know how it goes?

thanks for your responses.

ive tried the F4 toggle & its not working.

ill give the power supply suggestion a go tonight when i get home & let you know in the morning how it goes.

fingers crossed as i dont want to put it in for repair (i like to fix things myself haha)

also, i think the laptop is just out of warranty i think as my G/F bought it over 12 months ago : (

ill update tomorrow.

James.

hi guys, ive tried all your suggestions but to no avail. so it looks like the menindg shop for me.

would i best take it to an indipendant store or to PC World? ive usually been able to fix minor problems with my computors before so not sure where best to take it.

cheers

James.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back