Laptop stopped working

So earlier today I was going to a friends so decided to put my laptop in hibernate mode (I have used this before with no problems) but when I got back and opened the lid of my laptop nothing happened I tried moving the mouse and pressing the power button although I've never had to do this before, it always comes on when I open the lid. the power light came on but no fans no sign of the screen coming on. I tried holding down the power button to turn it off although the power light still stayed on I removed the battery and put it back in and got the same problem, power light on but nothing else.I tried taking out the battery and using my charger, still got the same problem.I am using windows 7 and a couple year old Toshiba laptop, cant remember name at the moment but if needed I could probably find out.

Any help/ideas are greatly appreciated
Thanks

Discharge it and leave over night for a couple hours, you might have damage the OS as the hibernation is saved on the HDD or the HDD is has gone duff. (duff = bad) had this happen once I was lucky to remember to left the system cool off and then push Windows 8 back on the system instead. You can do it with Windows 7 also.

Also hopefully your MOBO like post #2 said not duff also..

Back