Laptop Upgrade and Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

koneck

This might sound silly but I am being serious. I am currently learning to upgrade and repair laptops (self thought) and I would like to get an old laptop, one that no one wants or can repair. Does anyone know where I can get such thing? I want it to disassemble and reassemble (just for practice). I need to be able to pull apart a computer without breaking anything, and put it back together without missing a part. Thanks in advance, and it's fine if you can't help.

You really don't need one to practice on as long as you are competent with screw drivers. All you need to do is pull out all the screws and crack the thing open. I've done this to quite a few laptops, and I've never broken anything yet. Make sure you have some really fine screw drivers with slightly magnetic heads though.

Thanks Technochicken, I did open one before but only to clean the fan and the only thing is that I didn't have a small screwdriver - it was quite easy. Now i should go get a tool kit, some software and utilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back