Lawn Mowing Simulator is for those that take grass cutting seriously

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Editor's take: As silly as it might seem to some, there are no doubt people out there that will find enjoyment in Lawn Mowing Simulator (just look at how popular the Farming Simulator series is). And really, the game looks pretty well made based on the trailer that publisher Curve Digital put out earlier today.

Goat Simulator felt like the peak of simulation parody when it launched in 2014, but as it turns out, that was only the tip of the iceberg. Subsequent entries in the genre including Job Simulator, PC Building Simulator and PowerWash Simulator piqued the interest of enthusiasts and now we’ve got another sim on the way that slots neatly into this quirky category.

Lawn Mowing Simulator is exactly what it sounds like – a sim-style game focused on cutting grass. Players will get to “experience the beauty and detail of mowing the Great British countryside” via a collection of real-world licensed mowers from brands such as Toro and SCAG (John Deere is noticeably absent).

The object of the game, aside from just mowing random yards, is to start and manage your own lawn care business.

Look for Lawn Mowing Simulator to drop on Steam and Xbox Series X/S on August 10. No word yet on pricing but according to the system requirements on Steam, you'll need a semi-decent PC to run it. For example, if you're shooting for a consistent 60 FPS at 1080p with high graphics settings, you'll need at least an Intel Core i7-6950X / AMD Ryzen 7 1700X, 8GB of RAM and a GeForce GTX 2060 Super / Radeon RX 5700XT.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

I just pay Juan to cut mine. $100 a month and he uses weed control and edges and cuts the hedges too.

Must be nice. That wouldn't even cover two trips for me. I easily have half acre of just pure grass. Luckily the rest is mostly concrete, rocks (River, Lava, gravel, and buildings. But having a service for weed control is a big must, that work gets old quick.

So clearly I'm the last person this game is trying to impress, as I live that life. Zero Turn and all. Seriously considering a robotic lawn mower though.

Can't take a sim like this serious if when mowing you arn't forced to get out and pick up toys left out by your kids. Or sticks from a big storm. Oh your kid dug up your grass drifting in your gokart? Get out and put the grass back in as best you can and spred some grass seed..

Must be nice. That wouldn't even cover two trips for me. I easily have half acre of just pure grass. Luckily the rest is mostly concrete, rocks (River, Lava, gravel, and buildings. But having a service for weed control is a big must, that work gets old quick.

So clearly I'm the last person this game is trying to impress, as I live that life. Zero Turn and all. Seriously considering a robotic lawn mower though.

Can't take a sim like this serious if when mowing you arn't forced to get out and pick up toys left out by your kids. Or sticks from a big storm. Oh your kid dug up your grass drifting in your gokart? Get out and put the grass back in as best you can and spred some grass seed..
Just throw snap shot or other weed preventer on your gardens twice a year. Once in the spring before anything is green and then another around July. Hit it with a hose, don't just let it sit. #1 reason I've seen snap shot not work is not watering your garden immediately after using it.

Just throw snap shot or other weed preventer on your gardens twice a year. Once in the spring before anything is green and then another around July. Hit it with a hose, don't just let it sit. #1 reason I've seen snap shot not work is not watering your garden immediately after using it.
I don’t know all the brand names of herbicides you have in the US, but I agree after spraying out weeds with a broadleaf herbicide like mcpa/ diacamba etc spraying or spreading pre-emergent herbicides like prodiamine every 6-12 months is the secret to maintaining the lawn weed free! And also fertilising to keep the grass thick and suppressing new weeds.

I hope that it also has support for lawn mower robots, so I can just deploy one and let it run in the background while doing other things.

Well, I'm out guys. [get up from the sofa, puts on his jacket, and heads for the front door] If this is what's cool now, I think I'm done. I no longer have any connection to this world. I'm gonna go home and kill myself. Goodbye, friends.

I need a T-shirt with this on. Or have it on my tombstone.

There's a mobile game called "Just Mowing" which is actually pretty popular.

I wonder how realistic they'll make this sim. Like, if you have to add gasoline, oil, and periodically unclog the mower chute. They could add racing wheel support! The graphics look good and the mowers look well-modeled. Hopefully they do a good job with the physics, making the grass clippings fly in a satisfying manner.

Ok, this is just... so insane that I'm in stitches reading about how you can choose your mower. There must be a lot of Toro fanboys out there! Clearly this is what soulless accountants do for a good time! :laughing:

I’m waiting for “Bowel Movement Simulator”. Imagine all of the potential addon mods…Enema Enigma, Dulcolax Duo, Fibercon Frenzy, Outhouse Adventures…the potentials are limitless.
How about "Diarrhea Dilemma" or "Emergency Evacuation"? Maybe there can be a side game called "Constipation Unblock" that looks like Arkanoid:
220px-Arkanoid.png

"If you can't stay young, you can at least stay immature!"
- Steve Smith, The Red Green Show

Last edited:
There is one use for such games - if one isn't very good at killing monsters quickly enough, but wishes to enjoy the nice graphics computers are capable of these days. Like Microsoft Flight Simulator.

I lmao when I read about Goat farming sim for days but this takes the cake. Hang on, WHAT? you'll need at least a GTX 2060 Super? for what? Ray Tracing sun rays off wet cat splatter as it shoots thru the air in 4k. Explains why the dude mowing wears shades then. He mows grass all over the flower bed, FAIL! over the drive, FAIL! over Donald Thumps comb over, WINNER!. whats next?.... Shoe Shine Sim?, Spittoon Shot Sim? , Twerk Sim? , Rubbish Collector Sim? . WAIT Got it, Zimmer Frame Race Sim, it can be open world and online team based with loot boxes at every Courtesy Rest Stop.
just remembered, Harrier Jump Jet sim (90's floppy disk game) if you crashed the RAF Harrier 3 times, you next appeared by a Ride on mower as you better suited career.

Last edited:
Back