Leaked: full Crysis 2 game, with multiplayer and master key

Emil

Staff

According to a thread on the Facepunch forums, titled "Crysis 2, leaked 49 days early," Crysis 2 has been leaked. The download contains the full game (the campaign is reportedly playable from start to finish) and multiplayer support (the master key for online authentication is supposedly included).

The game will still see a multi-platform release on March 22, 2011 in the United States and March 25, 2011 in Europe. Given how close we are to the game's release, the leaked build could be almost finished. Crytek has said that the game has the best graphics you've ever seen but that it will be graphically superior on the PC. The company will be undoubtedly less inclined to support the PC platform after a fiasco like this one. The game's developers are trying to save face by saying the leak is a still a development build.

"Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites," an EA spokesperson said in a statement. "Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the series' signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community."

Crysis 2 was announced for the PC, Xbox 360, and the PS3 way back in June 2009. Since then, we've seen screenshots, teaser trailers, gameplay footage, and even delays. This, however, takes the cake. The news that there will be a Crysis 2 demo for PC is almost redundant now.

Permalink to story.

Yeah, this really sucks, Crysis is a very costly game and crytek isn't a huge company, but IMO the people than were going to buy the game will end buying it no matter if the torrent appear one year before or one year after the oficial game. Well, they are going to losse at least a couple millions.

Yes, wait and buy the game. PC games need all the support they can get and its rare now to see the PC being the center of focus.

this seriously is the best game i've ever seen. Nothing about it makes you think it's a game, it literally is an interactive movie, damn they've did it again

Bah.....I'll wait until a couple months after the game is released anyways to purchase it. I mean with the quality of "FINISHED" pc games companies are releasing these days, I can only imagine how many issues a leaked game will have.

For instance I reacently purchased NFS:HP from EA no less, and while I have enjoyed the game from an objective standpoint, to a normal gamer it is complete rubish. The game wouldn't even run at launch on quad core pc's, then they "patched it" and it ran, but at worse than console framerates, they patched it again, without addressing the framerate issue, and now the multiplayer is so fragmented by version incompatabilities since the retail version doesn't auto-update that it is difficult to get a good race going. Usually only one class of cars in one race type has a good group going....if you're lucky. All in all a crappy gaming experience.

I saw a Crysis 2 Beta torrent last night. the comments say it is very buggy and has some missing textures. i will buy the game if the multiplayer is AWESOME!!!! and don't forget the DLC!!!!

the PS3 is under attack by hackers the Xbox 360 has some of the same problems and the PC has always been under hackers thumbs

The gaming industry has always been under attack because if you publish game for money there will always be someone out there saying its too much even if you sell it for a single penny there will be someone saying "why is it not free"

D.R.M. is crap we must change the way we authenticate the game but the users there computers or gaming consoles and the network there on

this way no one can have identical systems and fake everything

they maybe able to copy the game and fake key codes and master keys faking an I.S.P. well this will get you serious jail time in most countries.

we also must change multiplayer to the point of if you want to play online you must pay per user per hour say one dollar per hour of play no more free to play on line stuff anywhere

downloading as i type ..... for researching purposes only ..... im going to buy it even if its buggy because this is just a "demo"

I believe that this wouldn't have been such a fiasco if they released a demo for PC.

didn't they learn from halo being leaked early? they're going to bring down the hammer HARD on anyone who gets their mitts on a leaked triple A title.

Oh my, this is bad for PC Gaming
I feel so sorry for Crytek, all that hard work and someone has to do this, just meh!

I really hope that the game will sell great anyway, otherwise I'm not sure how likely we are to see a sequel released for PC?
I'm still buying it anyway!

It's because of *****s like whoever leaked it that we can't have nice things for PC. GJ

I agree this is bad, but let's also hope Crytek doesn't use this as the perfect excuse to remove support from the PC platform as they have somewhat intended already.

Everybody would have been happier if they had released a demo for the Xbox and the PC in tandem, or at least closely together, but no, they remained silent for a while and went for the easy money instead. Who cares if an early PC demo is somewhat buggy if they state so upfront. Does anybody remember id's Quake test teasers? Those worked extremely well for troubleshooting and promotional purposes.

I guess I'm gonna have to buy the game now, even if it is $60. Although, I hope the appreciate all the people that go out and buy the game.

I agree completely, piracy has ruined the PC platform and if it continues then we may loose what little support the PC platform has from developers.

Leaked? By whom? Someone working at the company?

Just as much as the MPAA would like us to believe that its people with camcorders in movie theatres that are responsible for piracy, in reality its people working in the industry that release full working copies, or screeners.

So EA/Crytek either needs to beef up its security, or be more careful as to who they give copies of this game to.

Wouldn't even put it past EA as being deliberate in order to justify moving away from the PC.

This is not sad just for Crytek, this is sad for all PC gamers. We may not see many PC games from Crytek after this fiasco. It's sad, because the PC gaming industry is doing bad as it is right now.

+1 Julio & gwail

I'm sure it is an insiders job, and what is perplexing that no body learns from such incidents happening again and again. Anyway, I am sure genuine buyers will buy it nonetheless disregarding this leaked/ pirated version.

Even if I hadn't planned on it before, I'll be buying it now in part to show support for the PC platform. Don't lose the faith Crytek. PC gamers are infinitely cooler, more appreciative, and loyal than console gamers. Suck it xbox and ps3.

yowanvista said:
Its just an internal buggy build, it does not even include DX11 mode

If that's true then it almost has to be an inside job. I have a hard time believing that DX 11 wouldn't be ready this close to launch. Only reason it wouldn't have that feature is someone didn't want to put out the whole game. The only people with the power to do that are.....

This was most definitely done by someone inside the company. They even do this in the music industry to get a feel on the market and anticipation of the product.

Back