LG Flatron L2000CP Monitor repair - the ongoing process

About seven months ago I picked up a used LG Flatron L2000CP monitor with what appeared to be a standard failure mode. When plugged in, the blue light on the power button would flash repeatedly and a distinct clicking noise plagued the troubleshooter's ears. This, according to numerous online sources, is indicative of failed/burst capacitors in the back of the unit. Indeed, upon disassembly, five 25V / 1000uF capacitors were bulged and in need of replacement. Recently, I purchased a pack of caps on Amazon rated to these operating specs. Replacing all of the failed caps with good caps while minding the correct polarity, I reseated the power supply card and reassembled the unit. It worked... sort of. The blue light no longer flicked and the monitor no longer clicked, however, a new failure was evident: when powered on, the LG logo would flash for 1/2 a second, then the screen would go black for four seconds, all the while the power light was solid blue. After those four seconds, the screen would flash the display for another 1/2 second, and then go black indefinitely. I have tried to connect to the DVI port from my Chromebook using a DVI/HDMI adapter and, upon the second flash of the screen, the Chromebook background shows for 1/2 second before the screen goes black indefinitely. From these observations, I conclude that the display card/video processing unit is intact, while the power supply card is the only part of the unit that is defective.

My hypotheses are that:
  1. The capacitors are not low-ESR (they were not stated to be so on Amazon) and somehow the capacitors don't operate correctly because of this, OR
  2. There's some other issue with the power supply card that I have yet to uncover.
If anyone has some suggestions as how to proceed troubleshooting this issue , I would be very grateful. I'd like to use this monitor. Alternately, if someone knows where to buy a power supply of this exact model (if you've had better luck than I have) I'd be happy with a URL, too.
IMG_7465.JPGPower supply/converter and digital card with video-out ports. It's suspected that the only failure is in the power supply/converter.
IMG_7466.JPG
Just the power converter/supply. Those five black caps in a bundle were replaced with 25V/1000uF caps off of Amazon.

Back