LG Flatron L225WS 22" goes black, but computer keeps running

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all I don't know if my problem it's screen related or rather graphic card related, so, here it is:

Time to time (more or less every two weeks, or every month, it varies), my screen goes black, but PC keeps running as always; first screen on-off blue light and "Analog mode" on-screen message, then orange light and black screen (as if it was disconnected from computer, but I've revised the connections and they're alright). And after some time (10 or so reboots, only clicking computer on-off button), the screen works again, as always; then a month or so passes with the screen alright, and then I've the same problem again.

I don't think it's my graphics card (but I'm not sure), since just yesterday I was playing Tomb Raider: Underworld, and Assassin's Creed at highest settings, 1680x1050, DX10, and it worked fine.

My specs are as follow:

HP Pavilion
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4094 MB
DX Version: DX11 (I didn't know I had DX11 until now that I've looked up system specs )
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GS Total Aprox. Memory: 2540 MB (actually I guess it should be 512 MB or so).

Well, any idea on what's going on with my screen ?

Thanks for the help in advance !

It may be that old LG Flatron has reached the end of its useful product life, which is what IBM used to say when something failed. What is the age of the LG.
Otherwise, it is the graphics card. One way to test is to connect the computer to another monitor known to work well. If the responses are the same, you probably need to replace the video graphics card... or at least the cooling fan on it.

I bought my screen in March 2008.

And this has never happened to me while playing a game. Sometimes happens while browsing the web, sometimes in MSN.

I had send an e-mail a week ago to LG Spain (I'm from Spain), but they haven't answered yet, so I've sent another today, just some minutes ago.

Another thing: do you know guys some way of knowing computer electrical specifications without taking out the "battery" unit? Perhaps asking the company that made the computer could be a safer way? Since I've never taken out any part or even opened the computer, and I fear I could completely break it XD.

Well, I hope you have a nice day! And thanks for the quick responses ;)!

The monitor was only warranteed for a year. It appears it has reached the end of its useful product life, unless you can find a source of the system card that fits in the lower neck or in back of the screen. The screen doesn't go out. The circuit board does.

Just take the battery out through the obvious ports... by removing screws.... On a laptop, you need to cut the wire and reconnect with wires from the new one.

There are no electrical concerns if the power is off. But after you install the new one, you may have to reset the BIOS, time and date, etc. depending on the brand and model.

My monitors'(samsung 19") backlight went 1 month ago.It went all black and the power light got on/off.But their wasn't any message or orange light just black screen.You need to take some light source like torch,etc near the screen and look very carefully(when it goes black).If you can see(barely visible) some text or desktop then your monitors' backlight is damaged.But it doesn't cost much to repair backlight.Have you tried to uninstalll and install graphics driver again?Try it if you haven't.

Backlight is easy to fix, except that the correct backlight and inverter are very difficult to find... Cost should be under $20, but to find them...

Well, I've discovered that the problem isn't the screen, since just yesterday I connected a brand new one (bought a week ago), and it happened exactly the same, so it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back