Logitech is bringing back its popular MX518 gaming mouse with a modern twist

Polycount

Logitech has always been one of the leading companies in the gaming peripheral market, and for good reason. For the most part, their products tend to be feature-rich, comfortable, and long-lasting.

However, even Logitech's peripherals have their limits. Those who used to love the company's 14-year-old MX518 gaming mouse are probably well aware of that fact - eventually, the company stopped manufacturing the devices, forcing diehard users to replace their aging mice with newer models.

Now, though, Logitech is looking to cash in on that nostalgia with a remade MX518. It has the same overall shape as the original MX518, but with tweaked materials, buttons, and improved hardware.

The new MX518 includes a 1ms response time, a HERO 16K sensor, and eight programmable buttons that can be bound to other keys, or specific commands.

Furthermore, the DPI is adjustable through both Logitech's Gaming Software suite and "on-the-fly" adjustment buttons located above and below the scroll wheel. The mouse also has onboard memory, allowing you to save custom profiles that can then be transferred from machine to machine.

If you're eager to get your hands on the MX518's latest incarnation, you'll have to wait just a bit longer. Though it is available for pre-order now (with a $60 price tag), it doesn't have an official release date yet.

Permalink to story.

I had a similar model , it was the same shape, and I liked the shape and materials on it the most. I might be wrong but I think it was called g5.
It felt so good in my hand and its preset speeds were just perfect for gaming or anything else I did.

I had a similar model , it was the same shape, and I liked the shape and materials on it the most. I might be wrong but I think it was called g5.
It felt so good in my hand and its preset speeds were just perfect for gaming or anything else I did.

I still have a G5 and a G500s, its successor. Both work flawlessly even now.

One of the best fitting ones for my hands and you can tell it's success by how many others imitated it over the years! Welcome back!

The G5 was a follow up to the MX518. I had one and absolutely loved the grip, look, and performance in games. I sure miss mine.

The G5 was a follow up to the MX518. I had one and absolutely loved the grip, look, and performance in games. I sure miss mine.

I've still got my old G5 but haven't used it in a while. I found on Amazon that they sell replacement pads for the bottom. Mine had worn clean off.

I fell in love with the Logitech G602 when it launched, I have like 3 or 4 of them, one is still brand new once they stopped selling them and pushing there new series I grabbed that one so I am stocked up for a bit, my original is still working.

...What the hell is this?
(Besides a good reason why I usually use adblock...)
untitled-png.85056

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 0
Really wish they would make the left handed mouse again.
I've been using their G300 / G300S for years. It's not "left handed only", but I find it a perfect ambidextrous design with all 9 buttons just in the right place.

I get no payment for distributing this information but I just thought since it is an article about computer mice, you should check out X-Mouse Button Control and if you like it which I know you will, make a donation to the guy that programmed it and made it possible. Awesome program

I'd kill for a wireless G500. That was my favorite mouse of all time. My kid, (a toddler at the time) broke two of those mice. One by dropping it in a glass of koolaid, the other by pouring coffee on it. I switched to a cheaper mouse because I couldn't keep buying $100 mice all the time. I figured I'd get another G500 later, then it was discontinued. I hope this trend of re-releasing older hardware continues because that was a great mouse.

I'm still buying the G700 on eBay whenever I see a new one or one in great condition.

I wish they would remake the G700 with better battery life. I love the design.

After one of the buttons broke on my MX518 after many years of using it, I was at a loss of what to replace it with. I eventually went for a Mionix Naos 7000 and am very happy with it. I'm thinking of getting a second one to replace my crappy work HP mouse. But it would be lovely to have the 518 back.

I’ve been using my MX518 for well over 10 years and it’s still working. It doesn’t look very fresh though lol

They are great mice. The only problem is that rubberised coating they use. It degrades over time and becomes weirdly crusty and sticky.

They are great mice. The only problem is that rubberised coating they use. It degrades over time and becomes weirdly crusty and sticky.

Spot on. However, this is by far the best mouse I've ever had. Beats Razor anyday IMO.

Back