Logitech's new Ergo M575 is for trackball lovers

Shawn Knight

Staff member
What just happened? Trackball mice certainly aren’t for everyone but if there is one thing that seems to unite users of this unique pointing tool, it’s that proponents swear by them. And if you fall into that category, Logitech has good news on this hump day as the company has introduced a new trackball mouse designed to maximize comfort and save space.

Under the hood is a Logitech Advanced Optical Tracking sensor that’s good for up to 2,000 DPI. The pointer connects to your PC, Mac or iPad via the included USB receiver or over Bluetooth LE. Battery life is rated at up to 24 months from a single AA when using the wireless receiver or up to 20 months over Bluetooth.

Logitech is offering the M575 in your choice of graphite or off-white color schemes. The former is said to be constructed of 50 percent post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic while the latter utilizes 21 percent PCR plastic.

But really, the benefit of a trackball is, well… the ball. Without the need to move your arm to control the on-screen pointer, your hand and forearm can remain relaxed for hours on end. If you spend hours on end in front of a monitor, it may be worth trying to get used to a trackball.

The Logitech Ergo M575 wireless trackball is backed by a one-year warranty and is available to purchase from today priced at $49.99.

Permalink to story.

I use a trackball for my laptop. And I highly recommend it.
except if you use your laptop on a table, then a regular mouse is better.
But I mainly use it in the sofa, bed or armchair ant there it's unbeatable. It's way better then the TouchPad. And like the TouchPad, don't use it for FPS games. :)

I'm always amazed to see these devices are still getting periodical updates, I think Logitech's last update for this mouse was over 10 years ago, which is understandable considering the limited demand.

Trackball is my mouse of choice. It can be accurate, even for gaming. Just adjust the mouse speed up a bit and you won't have to move the ball all that much for a quick response. I can't imagine going back to the traditional mouse anymore.

Trackball is my mouse of choice. It can be accurate, even for gaming...
I've been using Trackballs in gaming for years. I've tried to get into using a mouse, but all that extra hand movement feels excessive. The only thing I wish Logitech would do as add more programmable buttons. That's what is sorely lacking with every update in the past few years.

I remember when my Microsoft Explorer trackball bit the dust (yeah, that was a loooong while ago) and had to learn how to game with a regular mouse (now on my second Logitech G602). I just don't understand why there aren't more non-thumb trackball options available.

I do so love my trackballs. I still have my Microsoft Explorer which came out what, last century. It still works fine too. I use it on my iPad Pro with a usb 2 to usb c adapter. I also have a wireless Logitech M570 on my work PC. I would be lost without it. Mice are ok in a pinch and trackpads are a last resort. However a trackball is brilliant. No RSI, minimal hand movements, fast and accurate. The M575 will be perfect for my iPad. With its Bluetooth connection I can ditch the adapter and the Explorer can go into its well earned retirement. I might put it on a little shelf on its own as a treasured item.

Back