Looking for laptop recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As indicated by the thread name, I am trying to get a laptop.

I have some very basic needs for it, mostly word processing, decent battery life, wireless access(not necessarily integrated) and I want to be able to run snes emulators on it with decent speed :rolleyes:

I've been in the desktop game for a while, but I really don't know much of anything about laptops. About the wireless access thing, I know there is a card you can get for this, but what is the name of the slot it goes into, just to make sure I get one that has it?

Also, I do know that most things on the laptops are integrated, but I would love to get one that has the option of upgrading the video card, especially, and maybe even the processor eventually. I know on desktops AMD is good about sticking to a universal socket, but what about laptop MBs? But I also heard that AMD's mobile procs are subject to heat problems; is this true? I've seen a couple of laptops with AMDs in them that looked decent.

Any suggestions, possibly from owners of something like this?

As always, thanks techspot community, for being so helpful.

Non games player : - Probably one of the cheaper Samsung models like the P28. You could then upgrade the RAM and HDD and still have spent not a lot.

Games Player : Acer Ferarri 3400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back