Maingear Titan 17 Review: Extreme performance notebook

With such bad battery life, do yourself a favor and don't buy this, use the money to get, say a nice light thin laptop for arround £1000 and spend another £2000 on a Desktop and keep the other £2000 in your bank account.

I'm sorry, but this is just stupid

Sadly, there is no 3D Vision 120Hz LED screen option for this machine. This is seriously limiting its potential as a gaming and entertainment desktop-replacement notebook. Everyone wants true (stereoscopic) 3D games and Blu-ray these days and no one want that flat (pseudo-)3D experience of the past anymore!

Oh come on...$5,400? 12 pounds in weight? Exactly what is the point in buying something like this? It's going to be obsolete in 3 years anyway.

Do what burty117 says and you'll be much happier.

What I find most ridiculous is that they insist on using a stupid desktop gulftown processor, when the mobile SB i7-2920qxm is alreadly extremely potent, and only has a 55W TDP (as opposed to the 990x's 130W). The laptop would run much cooler, and the only difference you'd notice is if you actually run heavily multi-threaded programs, in which case, you'd be better off with a desktop for stability.

I wouldn't buy one, but I'd love to have one.

what's the point of all the gaming power in the world and only able to run a game for 10 mins. this is retard. none the less, thanks for reporting on this.

howzz1854 said:
what's the point of all the gaming power in the world and only able to run a game for 10 mins. this is retard. none the less, thanks for reporting on this.

First of all the battery would last past 10 minutes. Don't exaggerate if you want to be taken seriously.

Second of all, the point of this would be to be able to take a gaming rig with you to other locations. You're not expected to use it to play Stalker while you have lunch, it's to be able to plug the laptop in at a hotel or at a friends house instead of lugging around your computer tower.

Third of all. If you want to call something retarded don't make the statement hypocritical by typing "this is retard". Using Engrish won't help your statement about it being a dumb product gain any meaning.

Meh, sos. Who wants to lunge around a damn slab the size of a desktop just because it has a screen
attached to it.

Gaming PC's are a dying breed, at least ones this size.

Leave mobile gaming to phones.

Gaming laptops fail imo. Laptops are meant to be portable. Gaming laptop is almost as portable as a desktop PC, just that desktop PC is cheaper, it has better performance and it's more gaming friendly.

Back