Major system problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithjr1981

I'm trying to fix a computer for a friend...this computer has major problems...Any time you try and click an application...it won't open...I have to go into the my computer so that I have an address bar to use...that's how I access the internet...also, when I press ctrl alt del, the task manager doesn't even open up.....running windows 2000. I downloaded AVG and scanned, and it found 700 infections and cleaned them, but still having problems...Can anybody help me get this thing fixed???

if there isnt too many programs youd have to reinstall or pictures youd lose, I always just format and do a fresh install. of course you could move files to an external hdd to save videos and pics, etc...

not sure if ether of you have a windows cd though. does it have a system restore partition?

Actually, the os running is windows 2000 professional. He doesn't have the disk, and, there's no system restore option...so...where do I go from here??

Okay..here's where I'm at so far....I downloaded CCleaner v2.15.815 and ran the cleaner and the registry integrity....I still cannot open most applications, including my yahoo messenger or the internet explorer. Task manager will not open either....every time I click on yahoo messenger, the hourglass pops up like it's gonna work, then nothing happens...I even uninstalled and downloaded again....so what do I do next??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back