Malware Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinx

My PC is having several problems and I have been advised to re-install Vista. I am hoping to avoid that so here I am. One of the problems is that I cannot get rid of F-Secure. I also get plugin errors.

I have followed the instructions and here are my results.

Moderator Edit:
Pasted logs removed. All logs must be attached
Please follow this guide in full
: UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

There seems to be a problem with Java. It keeps shutting sown my browser. I will look into that.

I cannot post my Hijackthis log because it says that it has "links" and I do not have more than 5 posts to allow it. Can someone please help with this.

I tried to check with Java with IE and it just shut down the browser. In FF it shuts down it down slower.

I don't know if I'm doing this right.

View attachment 44941

I can't figure out how to get the Superantispyware scan log here.

I can't figure out how to get the Malwarebytes Anti Malware logs here also.

Can someone please advise.

I apologize for not reading down to the bottom of the instructions about "attachment".

As it is I am not good at attachments.

Did I do everything wrong? If I'm not going to get help then just tell me to bug off.

Well I probably wouldn't say that to anyone

Anyway, still waiting for the 3 logs...
You can read in the guide on how to find them

I tried an could not find them. I am very computer challenged. I tried to follow the instructions and could not find them. Pleas advise further.

Both the Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware said there was nothing detected. I am running them again. I also need instructions to attach them here. I know how to attach, as I did attach my Hijackthis log, but am unable to find the other 2. Please advise.

I understand you must feel frustrated, but this information is written in the guide, please read it again slowly.

I helped make that guide, and we made extra steps to locate the log files if misplaced (it's in the guide ;))

There is a problem with trying to disable Windows Defender.

WINDOWS DEFENDER

* Click Start > Programs > Windows Defender or launch from the system tray icon.
* Click on Tools & Settings > Options.
* Under Real-time protection options, uncheck the "Real-time protection" check box.
* Click Save.I do not have an option that says "real time protection"
* Go to Start > Control Panel > Security > Windows Defender, at the bottom of the Window Defenders page uncheck under Administrator Options "use Windows Defender" and then Save.I also don't have an "Administrator Options". I am the only user and administrator for this computer so I don't know what the problem is.

Please advise.

Ok well I don't use Windows Defender
I'd suggest either uninstalling it (preferred) or just leave it active
Continue on :)

As stated previously, I don't know how to "continue". I don't know how to "attach" the other items. I can't find them. I am not knowledgeable about computer talk. I need assistance/help, but if I am required to be computer literate/geek to get help here then I guess I need to look elsewhere for help. Thanks for your time.

I note on your first post (edit: 3rd post in thread) you used [/ATTACH] to attach your document using the attachment link address. This type of attaching is usually done by Members in the know. So I would suspect that you must have some (more than average) forum skills :confused:

I have also stated that to stop all this confusion just run the scans again, and the logs will be presented to you again, at which time you can just save the log (I usually save to Desktop) Then attach them (normally) to a new reply

I therefore fail to see the confusion here, but I do see a number of wasted posts, that will likely be removed!

I note on your first post (edit: 3rd post in thread) you used [/ATTACH] to attach your document using the attachment link address. This type of attaching is usually done by Members in the know. So I would suspect that you must have some (more than average) forum skills :confused:

I post on a message board and someone told me how to do that.

I have also stated that to stop all this confusion just run the scans again, and the logs will be presented to you again, at which time you can just save the log (I usually save to Desktop) Then attach them (normally) to a new reply

I ran the scans again this AM and still could not find them through the "attachment" feature. If I had the knowledge to find them I would have done it. I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm here seeking help. The fact that I knew about the attachment feature does NOT make me computer literate. I learn as I go along and there are things that I know and things that I don't. I do a lot of research and ask questions to learn. This has not been a learning experience at all. Because I know 1 thing then I am expected to know something else?

I therefore fail to see the confusion here, but I do see a number of wasted posts, that will likely be removed!

Fine by me. Questions and statements are stupid and unneccesary?

OK lets look at the quoted 8-Step Malware removal guide

Step 4

malwarebytesgc8.png

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• When completed, a log will open in Notepad. please attach this log with your reply
  • If you accidently close it, the log file is saved here and will be named like this:
  • C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt

Step 5

SASLogo48x48.gif

SuperAntiSpyware Home Edition Free Version

Obtain the SuperAntiSpyware log as follows:
Click on 'Preferences'.
Click on the 'Statistics/Logs' tab.
Under 'Scanner Logs' double click on 'SuperAntiSpyware Scan Log'.
It will then open in your default text editor,such as Notepad.
Attach the notepad file here on your reply

Which part is the difficult part?

The difficult part is that I cannot find them to attach them. I could C&P but that is not allowed. Just call me stupid.

For Step 4 above

Start-> Run-> %AppData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Please copy and paste the bold part into a run command and press ok

I'll get to Step 6 after that

I found the logs, but cannot find them with the attachment feature.

#6 shuts down my browser when I click on the "verify Java version". It shuts down FF and IE. I have tried it many times with both and it keeps happening.

I'm not concerned about Step 6 at this point

Regarding not being able to copy the above run command into the Attach Browse area, I agree.

So here's the steps to do that (attach)

#1 Start-> Run-> %AppData%\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\logs -> ok
#2 Copy the Malwarebytes log (by right clicking on the log iteslf, and then left clicking on Copy)
#3 Close the Logs folder, by pressing the red X button on the top right hand corner of the folder
#4 Minimize any other open program, by selecting the minimize button -> _ on the top right hand corner of the program(s)
#5 Right click on your Desktop and select Paste

The Malwarebytes log should now be copied to your Desktop
From here, you should be able to attach (as you have done previously with HijackThis log) to a new reply

Hooray :)

Now the current version of Malwarebytes is above your scan log (presently 1839)
You may want to update it and run it again (we wouldn't want to miss anything ;) )

Now, SuperAntispyware (of which I don't presently have installed)
Following my quote (now 1 page back) can you follow the steps to attach that log too? If not what is the issue?

As it has been 2 days then yes another scan with updated Malwarebytes and then submitting the log as an attachment would be ideal (for you)
Please restart your computer (before submitting any attachment) And also run HijackThis scan only, again
And then Attach both logs

I feel like we are still at step#1 though, just requiring the 3 attachments
I also note that your SuperAntispyware log mostly had tracking cookies removed, but following the guide all these "cookies" (temp files) should have been removed already, by running CCleaner before hand

So basically it would be ideal to just run through the guide again (as I don't want you to miss any step in there) and ideally submit all 3 attachments at the same time. (before going back on the web and doing other things)

So to stop the confusion, please go through the 8-step guide and attach all 3 logs. (at the same time)
(Now that you know that you are able to do this ;) )

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Then run the removal tool
Here is the 32Bit version (most users): http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe
Here is the 64Bit version: http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arv_sup_____.dir/avgremoverx64.exe

Uninstall F-Secure Internet Security as well

Restart

Install Avira free AntiVirus

Download Combofix
Lots of info on its use h e r e
Direct download h e r e

Locate the downloaded Combofix. Double click on it to run, answering any prompts along the way
Note: during Combofix scan (lasting up to 10mins) your Desktop and clock may reset (all normal)
ComboFix will also restart your computer (eventually) and then (eventually) create a log

Save this log file to be attached to a new reply

Restart

Then do another scan with HJT (scan and log file) and attach this to a new reply as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back