Memory Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I am still an "amateur" on compatibility issues and have a lot to learn in general. I am building a new computer (on signature and profile) and I have DDR2 533 PC2 4200 Ram and was wondering if it was compatible with the ASUS M2NPV-VM nForce 430 Motherboard (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131014. Also note that I got the open box version for $39.99 or something close to that, and it had no reviews at the time). Although I have noticed that some people have had some memory issues with the mobo (as well as cpu issues too). It should be at my house by tomorrow (Newegg is FAST!).

I know that, I was just wondering if the ram would be compatible with that particular mobo is all.

Asus is very picky on what brands of ram will work. Read the FAQs on installing ram and troubleshooting.

I read and downloaded the manual and it said that the mobo accepts Samsung DDR2 667 ram and DDR2 800 ram, and my ram is Samsung. Mine also meets the requirements and specs for it otherwise (it actually lists some).

my only suggestion is if that memory doesn't work, and you're still not getting a POST - try another recommended brand.

Thank God memory does not cost a lot. If I need to upgrade, I will go with 667 because I have no budget left, and will have to sell what I have now. Although, for good news, I received the cpu today in a sealed by AMD box, and I was in perfect condition. The heatsink is much better than what my Intel came with as well. It has a better clip, and a more solid connection between the fan and the heatsink. With my Intel, you can remove the fan from the heasik easily, and with this you can't, not to mention that this came with a thermal pad/paste evenly spread out where it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back